Details for Benchmark: MF0113
N 41° 35.783 W 088° 03.217 (NAD 83)
Coordinates may not be exact. Altitude is ADJUSTED and location is SCALED. (more info)
- In WILL county, IL View Original Datasheet
- N 140
- Marker Type:
- bench mark disk
- set into the top of a round concrete monument
- May hold, but of type commonly subject to surface motion.
Benchmarks may be on private property or in dangerous locations. Obey local laws. By using the services on Geocaching.com you agree to this disclaimer.
Documented History (by the NGS)
|01/01/1947 by CGS (MONUMENTED)
|DESCRIBED BY COAST AND GEODETIC SURVEY 1947
AT LOCKPORT. AT LOCKPORT, ABOUT 0.5 MILE NORTHEAST ALONG STATE HIGHWAY 4A FROM ITS INTERSECTION WITH STATE HIGHWAY 7, SET IN THE SOUTHEAST QUARTER OF THE INTERSECTION OF SECOND STREET, 30 FEET EAST OF THE EAST CURB OF STATE STREET (STATE HIGHWAY 4A), 20.5 FEET SOUTH OF THE CENTER LINE OF THE SOUTH CURB OF SECOND STREET, 46.5 FEET NORTHWEST OF THE NORTHWEST CORNER OF THE HOUSE AT 202 NORTH STATE STREET, 2 FEET NORTH OF THE NORTH EDGE OF THE CONCRETE SIDE WALK, 1.5 FEET EAST OF THE EAST EDGE OF A NORTH-SOUTH WALK, ABOUT 2 FEET ABOVE THE INTERSECTION AND SET IN THE TOP OF A CONCRETE POST PROJECTING 4 INCHES.
- The horizontal coordinates were scaled from a topographic map and have an estimated accuracy of +/- 6 seconds.
- The orthometric height was determined by differential leveling and adjusted by the National Geodetic Survey in June 1991.
- The geoid height was determined by GEOID99.
- The dynamic height is computed by dividing the NAVD 88 geopotential number by the normal gravity value computed on the Geodetic Reference System of 1980 (GRS 80) ellipsoid at 45 degrees latitude (g = 980.6199 gals.).
- The modeled gravity was interpolated from observed gravity values.