Details for Benchmark: MF0114
N 41° 36.517 W 088° 02.700 (NAD 83)
Coordinates may not be exact. Altitude is ADJUSTED and location is SCALED. (more info)
- In WILL county, IL View Original Datasheet
- M 140
- Marker Type:
- bench mark disk
- set into the top of a round concrete monument
- May hold, but of type commonly subject to surface motion.
Benchmarks may be on private property or in dangerous locations. Obey local laws. By using the services on Geocaching.com you agree to this disclaimer.
Documented History (by the NGS)
|01/01/1947 by CGS (MONUMENTED)
|DESCRIBED BY COAST AND GEODETIC SURVEY 1947
1.5 MI NE FROM LOCKPORT. ABOUT 1.5 MILES NORTHEAST ALONG STATE HIGHWAY 4A FROM ITS INTERSECTION WITH STATE HIGHWAY 7 AT LOCKPORT, AT THE JUNCTION OF A ROAD LEADING NORTH TO ROMEO AND AT THE SOUTHEAST CORNER OF A CEMETERY, 168 FEET NORTHEAST OF THE CENTER OF THE JUNCTION OF THE ROADS, 45 FEET NORTHWEST OF THE CENTER LINE OF HIGHWAY 4A, 15.5 FEET SOUTHWEST OF A 12-INCH WILD CHERRY TREE, 9 FEET NORTHEAST OF A 12-INCH OAK TREE, 4 FEET SOUTHEAST OF THE CEMETERY FENCE, 2 FEET SOUTHWEST OF A WHITE WOODEN WITNESS POST, ABOUT 1/2 FOOT BELOW THE JUNCTION AND SET IN THE TOP OF A CONCRETE POST PROJECTING 4 INCHES.
- The horizontal coordinates were scaled from a topographic map and have an estimated accuracy of +/- 6 seconds.
- The orthometric height was determined by differential leveling and adjusted by the National Geodetic Survey in June 1991.
- The geoid height was determined by GEOID99.
- The dynamic height is computed by dividing the NAVD 88 geopotential number by the normal gravity value computed on the Geodetic Reference System of 1980 (GRS 80) ellipsoid at 45 degrees latitude (g = 980.6199 gals.).
- The modeled gravity was interpolated from observed gravity values.