Details for Benchmark: MF0135
N 41° 23.733 W 088° 19.900 (NAD 83)
Coordinates may not be exact. Altitude is ADJUSTED and location is SCALED. (more info)
- In GRUNDY county, IL View Original Datasheet
- PBM 95 CAP USE
- Marker Type:
- cap-and-bolt pair
- set into the top of a round concrete monument
- May hold, but of type commonly subject to surface motion.
Benchmarks may be on private property or in dangerous locations. Obey local laws. By using the services on Geocaching.com you agree to this disclaimer.
Documented History (by the NGS)
|01/01/1903 by ILSC (MONUMENTED)
|01/01/1947 by NGS (GOOD)
|DESCRIBED BY NATIONAL GEODETIC SURVEY 1947
9 MI NE FROM MORRIS. ABOUT 1.05 MILES NORTH ALONG STATE HIGHWAY 47 FROM THE COURT HOUSE AT MORRIS, THENCE ABOUT 6.3 MILES NORTHEAST ALONG U.S. HIGHWAY 6, THENCE ABOUT 1.6 MILES SOUTH ALONG A GRAVEL ROAD, AT LOCK 8 OF THE ILLINOIS-MICHIGAN CANAL AT AUX SABLE LOCKS, SET ON THE SOUTHWEST SIDE OF THE LOCKS KEEPERS HOUSE, 15.5 FEET SOUTHWEST OF THE WEST CORNER OF THE HOUSE, 27 FEET WEST OF THE SOUTH CORNER OF THE HOUSE, 53 FEET NORTHWEST OF THE NORTH CORNER OF A GARAGE, 10 FEET NORTHEAST OF A 24-INCH TREE, AND SET ON THE TOP OF A CONCRETE POST PROJECTING 6 INCHES. MARK MAY BE REACHED FROM MORRIS BY GOING ABOUT 5.6 MILES NORTHEAST ALONG THE RIVER ROAD FROM THE INTERSECTION OF STATE HIGHWAY 47 AND WASHINGTON STREET TO AUX SABLE LOCKS AND SITE OF MARK.
- The horizontal coordinates were scaled from a topographic map and have an estimated accuracy of +/- 6 seconds.
- The orthometric height was determined by differential leveling and adjusted by the National Geodetic Survey in June 1991.
- The geoid height was determined by GEOID99.
- The dynamic height is computed by dividing the NAVD 88 geopotential number by the normal gravity value computed on the Geodetic Reference System of 1980 (GRS 80) ellipsoid at 45 degrees latitude (g = 980.6199 gals.).
- The modeled gravity was interpolated from observed gravity values.