Details for Benchmark: MF0243
N 41° 06.600 W 088° 00.100 (NAD 83)
Coordinates may not be exact. Altitude is ADJUSTED and location is SCALED. (more info)
- In KANKAKEE county, IL View Original Datasheet
- B 28
- Marker Type:
- bench mark disk
- set into the top of a round concrete monument
- May hold, but of type commonly subject to surface motion.
Benchmarks may be on private property or in dangerous locations. Obey local laws. By using the services on Geocaching.com you agree to this disclaimer.
Documented History (by the NGS)
|1/1/1934 by CGS (MONUMENTED)
|1/1/1954 by NGS (GOOD)
|DESCRIBED BY NATIONAL GEODETIC SURVEY 1954
2.8 MI E FROM GOODRICH. ABOUT 2.85 MILES EAST ALONG THE NEW YORK CENTRAL RAILROAD FROM THE ROAD CROSSING AT GOODRICH, AT THE CROSSING OF A BLACK TOP ROAD LEADING SOUTH TO LEHIGH, 69 FEET SOUTHWEST OF THE CENTER OF THE CROSSING, 43 1/2 FEET SOUTH OF THE SOUTH RAIL, 49 FEET WEST OF THE CENTER LINE OF THE ROAD, 33 FEET NORTH-NORTHWEST OF POWER POLE 1264-520, 9.8 FEET WEST OF A RIGHT-OF-WAY MARKER, 9 FEET WEST OF A FENCE CORNER, 2 1/2 FEET NORTH OF A FENCE LINE, ABOUT 3 FEET BELOW THE LEVEL OF THE TRACK AND IN THE TOP OF A CONCRETE POST ABOUT 3 INCHES BELOW THE SURFACE OF THE GROUND.
|1/1/1959 by NGS (MARK NOT FOUND)
|RECOVERY NOTE BY NATIONAL GEODETIC SURVEY 1959
MARK NOT FOUND.
- The horizontal coordinates were scaled from a topographic map and have an estimated accuracy of +/- 6 seconds.
- The orthometric height was determined by differential leveling and adjusted by the National Geodetic Survey in June 1991.
- The geoid height was determined by GEOID99.
- The dynamic height is computed by dividing the NAVD 88 geopotential number by the normal gravity value computed on the Geodetic Reference System of 1980 (GRS 80) ellipsoid at 45 degrees latitude (g = 980.6199 gals.).
- The modeled gravity was interpolated from observed gravity values.