Details for Benchmark: MF0249
N 41° 06.361 W 088° 10.361 (NAD 83)
Coordinates may not be exact. Altitude is ADJUSTED and location is ADJUSTED. (more info)
- In KANKAKEE county, IL View Original Datasheet
- H 28
- Marker Type:
- bench mark disk
- set into the top of a round concrete monument
- May hold, but of type commonly subject to surface motion.
Benchmarks may be on private property or in dangerous locations. Obey local laws. By using the services on Geocaching.com you agree to this disclaimer.
Documented History (by the NGS)
|1/1/1934 by CGS (MONUMENTED)
|1/1/1954 by NGS (GOOD)
|DESCRIBED BY NATIONAL GEODETIC SURVEY 1954
1.4 MI W FROM UNION HILL. ABOUT 1.4 MILES WEST ALONG THE NEW YORK CENTRAL RAILROAD FROM THE STATION AT UNION HILL, 107 FEET EAST-NORTHEAST OF THE CENTER OF THE CROSSING OF A GRAVEL ROAD LEADING SOUTH TO BUCKINGHAM, 99 FEET EAST OF THE CENTER LINE OF THE ROAD, 35 FEET NORTH OF THE NORTH RAIL, 10 FEET SOUTH OF THE FENCE LINE, 6 FEET SOUTHWEST OF A TELEPHONE POLE, ABOUT 5 FEET BELOW THE LEVEL OF THE TRACK AND IN THE TOP OF A CONCRETE POST PROJECTING 2 INCHES.
|3/5/1997 by NGS (GOOD)
|RECOVERY NOTE BY NATIONAL GEODETIC SURVEY 1997 (RKB)
THE STATION IS LOCATED ABOUT 13 MI (20.9 KM) EAST OF DWIGHT, 4 MI (6.4 KM) EAST OF REDDICK, AND 1.4 MI (2.3 KM) WEST OF UNION HILL. TO REACH FROM THE CENTER OF REDDICK, PROCEED NORTH ON STATE ROUTE 17 FOR 1.1 MI (1.8 KM) TO A POINT WHERE ROUTE 17 TURNS EAST. TURN EAST ON ROUTE 17 FOR 4.0 MI (6.4 KM) TO A ROAD RIGHT. TURN RIGHT, SOUTH, ON COUNTY ROAD 16000W FOR 0.65 MI (1.05 KM) TO A RAILROAD CROSSING AND THE STATION IN THE NORTHEAST QUADRANT. IT IS 30.2 M (99.1 FT) EAST OF THE CENTER OF THE ROAD, 10.7 M (35.1 FT) NORTH OF THE NORTH RAIL, 8.7 M (28.5 FT) EAST OF THE NORTHEAST CORNER OF A METAL RAILROAD SHED, AND 0.3 M (1.0 FT) SOUTH OF A FIBERGLASS WITNESS POST.
- The horizontal coordinates were established by GPS observations and adjusted by the National Geodetic Survey in July 1998.
- The orthometric height was determined by differential leveling and adjusted by the National Geodetic Survey in June 1991.
- The X, Y, and Z were computed from the position and the ellipsoidal ht.
- The Laplace correction was computed from DEFLEC99 derived deflections.
- The ellipsoidal height was determined by GPS observations and is referenced to NAD 83.
- The geoid height was determined by GEOID99.
- The dynamic height is computed by dividing the NAVD 88 geopotential number by the normal gravity value computed on the Geodetic Reference System of 1980 (GRS 80) ellipsoid at 45 degrees latitude (g = 980.6199 gals.).
- The modeled gravity was interpolated from observed gravity values.