Details for Benchmark: MF0432
N 41° 00.017 W 088° 31.667 (NAD 83)
Coordinates may not be exact. Altitude is ADJUSTED and location is SCALED. (more info)
- In LIVINGSTON county, IL View Original Datasheet
- ODELL AZ MK
- Marker Type:
- azimuth mark disk
- set into the top of a round concrete monument
- May hold, but of type commonly subject to surface motion.
Benchmarks may be on private property or in dangerous locations. Obey local laws. By using the services on Geocaching.com you agree to this disclaimer.
Documented History (by the NGS)
|01/01/1960 by CGS (MONUMENTED)
|01/01/1961 by NGS (GOOD)
|DESCRIBED BY NATIONAL GEODETIC SURVEY 1961
AT ODELL. ABOUT 0.15 MILE SOUTH ALONG THE GULF, MOBILE AND OHIO RAIL ROAD FROM THE STATION IN ODELL, ABOUT 0.05 MILE SOUTH OF A GRAIN ELEVATOR AND AT A ELECTRIC POWER STATION, 33 FEET EAST OF THE EAST RAIL OF THE NORTHBOUND TRACK OF THE GULF, MOBILE AND OHIO RAIL ROAD, 34 FEET SOUTHWEST OF A POWER POLE, 38 FEET SOUTHWEST OF THE NORTHWEST CORNER OF THE FENCE AROUND THE POWER STATION, 5.9 FEET NORTHWEST OF A METAL WITNESS POST, 1 FOOT BELOW THE LEVEL OF THE TRACK, AND SET IN THE TOP OF A CONCRETE POST PROJECTING 2 INCHES.
|01/01/1968 by NGS (GOOD)
|RECOVERY NOTE BY NATIONAL GEODETIC SURVEY 1968
RECOVERED IN GOOD CONDITION.
- The horizontal coordinates were scaled from a topographic map and have an estimated accuracy of +/- 6 seconds.
- The orthometric height was determined by differential leveling and adjusted by the National Geodetic Survey in June 1991.
- The geoid height was determined by GEOID99.
- The dynamic height is computed by dividing the NAVD 88 geopotential number by the normal gravity value computed on the Geodetic Reference System of 1980 (GRS 80) ellipsoid at 45 degrees latitude (g = 980.6199 gals.).
- The modeled gravity was interpolated from observed gravity values.