Details for Benchmark: MF0774
N 41° 08.900 W 089° 22.233 (NAD 83)
Coordinates may not be exact. Altitude is ADJUSTED and location is SCALED. (more info)
- In PUTNAM county, IL View Original Datasheet
- C 237
- Marker Type:
- bench mark disk
- copper-clad steel rod
- Probably hold position/elevation well.
Benchmarks may be on private property or in dangerous locations. Obey local laws. By using the services on Geocaching.com you agree to this disclaimer.
Documented History (by the NGS)
|1/1/1960 by CGS (MONUMENTED)
|DESCRIBED BY COAST AND GEODETIC SURVEY 1960
2.8 MI SE FROM PUTNAM. ABOUT 2.75 MILES SOUTHEAST ALONG THE CHICAGO, ROCK ISLAND AND PACIFIC RAILROAD FROM THE STATION AT PUTNAM, ABOUT 2.85 MILES NORTH OF THE STATION AT HENRY, AT CROSSING OF A GRADED ROAD AND THE PUTNAM-MARSHALL COUNTY LINE, IN SECTION 32, R 10 E, T 14-N, 0.15 MILE NORTHWEST OF MILE POST 125, 38 1/2 FEET NORTHEAST OF NORTHEAST RAIL, 82 FEET NORTH OF CENTER OF CROSSING, 78 FEET WEST OF A POWER POLE, 2 1/2 FEET SOUTHWEST OF MILEAGE TELEPHONE POLE NO. 124+33, AND IN LINE WITH ROW OF TELEPHONE POLES, 8 1/2 FEET SOUTHWEST OF A FENCE LINE, 1 1/2 FEET NORTHWEST OF A STEEL WITNESS POST, ABOUT 1 1/2 FEET BELOW LEVEL OF TRACK AND IS A DISK ON TOP OF A COPPER-COATED STEEL ROD PROJECTING 1 INCH AND PROTECTED BY A 6-INCH TILE WHICH PROJECTS 3 INCHES. THE ROD WAS DRIVEN TO A DEPTH OF 40 FEET.
|9/3/1997 by USPSQD (GOOD)
|RECOVERY NOTE BY US POWER SQUADRON 1997
RECOVERED IN GOOD CONDITION.
- The horizontal coordinates were scaled from a topographic map and have an estimated accuracy of +/- 6 seconds.
- The orthometric height was determined by differential leveling and adjusted by the National Geodetic Survey in June 1991.
- The geoid height was determined by GEOID99.
- The dynamic height is computed by dividing the NAVD 88 geopotential number by the normal gravity value computed on the Geodetic Reference System of 1980 (GRS 80) ellipsoid at 45 degrees latitude (g = 980.6199 gals.).
- The modeled gravity was interpolated from observed gravity values.