Details for Benchmark: MF1266
N 41° 20.783 W 088° 48.000 (NAD 83)
Coordinates may not be exact. Altitude is VERTCON and location is SCALED. (more info)
- In LA SALLE county, IL View Original Datasheet
- E 231 RESET 1979
- Marker Type:
- bench mark disk
- set into the top of a round concrete monument
- May hold, but of type commonly subject to surface motion.
Benchmarks may be on private property or in dangerous locations. Obey local laws. By using the services on Geocaching.com you agree to this disclaimer.
Documented History (by the NGS)
|1/1/1979 by NGS (MONUMENTED)
|DESCRIBED BY NATIONAL GEODETIC SURVEY 1979
1.4 MI SE FROM OTTAWA. 1.4 MILE SOUTHEAST ALONG A BLACKTOP ROAD ALONG THE SOUTHSIDE OF THE ABANDONED ILLINOIS AND MICHIGAN CANAL, FROM THE EASTEND OF A FOOT BRIDGE BRIDGE ACROSS THE FOX RIVER OTTAWA, 156 FEET EAST OF GRAVELED ROAD, 52.0 FEET SOUTH OF CENTERLINE OF PAVED ROAD, AND 3.8 FEET WEST OF A POWERLINE POLE. THE MARK IS 1.0 FT E FROM A WITNESS POST. THE MARK IS 3.0 FT BELOW ROAD.
|8/15/1997 by USPSQD (MARK NOT FOUND)
|RECOVERY NOTE BY US POWER SQUADRON 1997
MARK NOT FOUND.
- The horizontal coordinates were scaled from a topographic map and have an estimated accuracy of +/- 6 seconds.
- The NAVD 88 height was computed by applying the VERTCON shift value to the NGVD 29 height (displayed under SUPERSEDED SURVEY CONTROL.) The vertical order pertains to the superseded datum.
- The geoid height was determined by GEOID99.