Details for Benchmark: MG0089
N 41° 28.850 W 090° 20.900 (NAD 83)
Coordinates may not be exact. Altitude is ADJUSTED and location is SCALED. (more info)
- In HENRY county, IL View Original Datasheet
- 59.5 B
- Marker Type:
- survey disk
- light structures
- Mark of questionable or unknown stability.
Benchmarks may be on private property or in dangerous locations. Obey local laws. By using the services on Geocaching.com you agree to this disclaimer.
||Ruffian949 couldn't find MG0089
N 41° 28.863 W 090° 20.910
Found where I believed mark should have been located. Mark has either been removed or has been plastered over.
Documented History (by the NGS)
|Unknown by IRC (MONUMENTED)
|01/01/1935 by NGS (GOOD)
|DESCRIBED BY NATIONAL GEODETIC SURVEY 1935
AT COLONA. AT COLONA, HENRY COUNTY, ON THE CHICAGO, ROCK ISLAND AND PACIFIC RAILWAY, 10 POLES EAST OF THE STATION, 100 FEET NORTHEAST OF A BRIDGE, AT ILLINOIS-MISSISSIPPI CANAL LOCK 28, AND IN THE TOP OF THE LOWER STEP AT THE BASE OF THE SOUTHWEST END OF THE NORTHWEST WALL. A DISK, STAMPED ILL MISS CANAL 59.5B.
|03/25/1988 by USPSQD (MARK NOT FOUND)
|RECOVERY NOTE BY US POWER SQUADRON 1988 (JEB)
MARK NOT FOUND.
|07/17/1996 by USPSQD (MARK NOT FOUND)
|RECOVERY NOTE BY US POWER SQUADRON 1996
MARK NOT FOUND.
- The horizontal coordinates were scaled from a topographic map and have an estimated accuracy of +/- 6 seconds.
- The orthometric height was determined by differential leveling and adjusted by the National Geodetic Survey in June 1991.
- The geoid height was determined by GEOID99.
- The dynamic height is computed by dividing the NAVD 88 geopotential number by the normal gravity value computed on the Geodetic Reference System of 1980 (GRS 80) ellipsoid at 45 degrees latitude (g = 980.6199 gals.).
- The modeled gravity was interpolated from observed gravity values.