Details for Benchmark: MG0094
N 41° 27.950 W 090° 29.967 (NAD 83)
Coordinates may not be exact. Altitude is ADJUSTED and location is SCALED. (more info)
- In ROCK ISLAND county, IL View Original Datasheet
- J 168
- Marker Type:
- survey disk
- light structures
- Mark of questionable or unknown stability.
Benchmarks may be on private property or in dangerous locations. Obey local laws. By using the services on Geocaching.com you agree to this disclaimer.
Documented History (by the NGS)
|01/01/1957 by CGS (MONUMENTED)
|DESCRIBED BY COAST AND GEODETIC SURVEY 1957
IN MOLINE. 3 MILES SOUTH OF THE RR STATION IN MOLINE, AT 4501-4511 BRIDGE LANE (ROUTE 150), ON THE EAST END OF THE SOUTH WING WALL OF THE BRIDGE GIVING ACCESS TO RESIDENCE WEST OF THE HIGHWAY, 38 FT. WEST OF THE CENTER LINE OF THE FOUR-LANE HIGHWAY, 14 FT. SOUTH OF THE CENTER OF THE BRIDGE, 5 FT. WEST OF A 2 FT. ELM TREE. THE MARK IS SET IN CEMENT IN A DRILL HOLE IN THE TOP OF THE WALL.
|01/01/1960 by NGS (GOOD)
|RECOVERY NOTE BY NATIONAL GEODETIC SURVEY 1960
RECOVERED IN GOOD CONDITION.
|08/19/1996 by USPSQD (MARK NOT FOUND)
|RECOVERY NOTE BY US POWER SQUADRON 1996
MARK NOT FOUND.
|06/09/1997 by USPSQD (MARK NOT FOUND)
|RECOVERY NOTE BY US POWER SQUADRON 1997
MARK NOT FOUND.
- The horizontal coordinates were scaled from a topographic map and have an estimated accuracy of +/- 6 seconds.
- The orthometric height was determined by differential leveling and adjusted by the National Geodetic Survey in June 1991.
- The geoid height was determined by GEOID99.
- The dynamic height is computed by dividing the NAVD 88 geopotential number by the normal gravity value computed on the Geodetic Reference System of 1980 (GRS 80) ellipsoid at 45 degrees latitude (g = 980.6199 gals.).
- The modeled gravity was interpolated from observed gravity values.