Details for Benchmark: MG0095
N 41° 27.600 W 090° 29.917 (NAD 83)
Coordinates may not be exact. Altitude is ADJUSTED and location is SCALED. (more info)
- In ROCK ISLAND county, IL View Original Datasheet
- GAGING STATION
- Marker Type:
- reference mark disk
- massive structures
- Probably hold position/elevation well.
Benchmarks may be on private property or in dangerous locations. Obey local laws. By using the services on Geocaching.com you agree to this disclaimer.
||Team M.A.N. found MG0095
||S10 couldn't find MG0095
Not found, there is some deteration on the Abutment, if this is location of drill hole, it's probably missing.
[This entry was edited by S10 on Tuesday, June 21, 2005 at 5:38:33 AM.]
Documented History (by the NGS)
|Unknown by USGS (MONUMENTED)
|01/01/1957 by NGS (GOOD)
|DESCRIBED BY NATIONAL GEODETIC SURVEY 1957
0.5 MI S FROM MOLINE. STATION IS 3.3 MILES SOUTH OF THE CHICAGO ROCK ISLAND AND PACIFIC RAILROAD STATION IN MOLINE, ON BRIDGE LANE ROAD (U.S. ROUTE 150), ON THE BRIDGE SPANNING ROCK RIVER, AT THE FOOT OF CONCRETE PEDESTAL SUPPORTING A CONCRETE EAGLE, ON THE WEST WING WALL OF THE NORTH BRIDGE ABUTMENT JUST WEST OF THE PEDESTAL. THE MARK IS SET IN CEMENT IN A DRILL HOLE IN THE ABUTMENT.
|08/19/1996 by USPSQD (MARK NOT FOUND)
|RECOVERY NOTE BY US POWER SQUADRON 1996
MARK NOT FOUND.
|06/09/1997 by USPSQD (MARK NOT FOUND)
|RECOVERY NOTE BY US POWER SQUADRON 1997
MARK NOT FOUND.
- The horizontal coordinates were scaled from a topographic map and have an estimated accuracy of +/- 6 seconds.
- The orthometric height was determined by differential leveling and adjusted by the National Geodetic Survey in June 1991.
- The geoid height was determined by GEOID99.
- The dynamic height is computed by dividing the NAVD 88 geopotential number by the normal gravity value computed on the Geodetic Reference System of 1980 (GRS 80) ellipsoid at 45 degrees latitude (g = 980.6199 gals.).
- The modeled gravity was interpolated from observed gravity values.