Details for Benchmark: MG0096
N 41° 27.183 W 090° 29.983 (NAD 83)
Coordinates may not be exact. Altitude is ADJUSTED and location is SCALED. (more info)
- In ROCK ISLAND county, IL View Original Datasheet
- PTS 28
- Marker Type:
- survey disk
- set into the top of a round concrete monument
- May hold, but of type commonly subject to surface motion.
Benchmarks may be on private property or in dangerous locations. Obey local laws. By using the services on Geocaching.com you agree to this disclaimer.
Documented History (by the NGS)
|01/01/1910 by USGS (MONUMENTED)
|01/01/1957 by NGS (GOOD)
|DESCRIBED BY NATIONAL GEODETIC SURVEY 1957
4 MI SE FROM MOLINE. THE STATION IS LOCATED ABOUT 4 MILES SOUTHEAST OF MOLINE, 3.2 MILES NORTHWEST OF COAL VALLEY, 0.6 MILE SOUTH OF A HIGHWAY BRIDGE OVER ROCK RIVER, 0.25 MILE NORTH OF THE CENTER OF SEC. 21, T 17 N, R 1 W, 56 FEET WEST OF THE CENTERLINE OF A NORTH-SOUTH HIGHWAY, 43 FEET NORTH OF THE CENTERLINE OF AN EAST-WEST ROAD, AND IT IS IN A CONCRETE GUTTER SLAB, 1.0 INCH ABOVE THE SURFACE. AN IRON POST WITH A STANDARD U.S. GEOLOGICAL SURVEY BRONZE CAP, STAMPED PRIM TRAV STA NO 28 1910 590.
|08/19/1996 by USPSQD (MARK NOT FOUND)
|RECOVERY NOTE BY US POWER SQUADRON 1996
MARK NOT FOUND.
|09/17/1997 by USPSQD (GOOD)
|RECOVERY NOTE BY US POWER SQUADRON 1997
RECOVERED IN GOOD CONDITION.
- The horizontal coordinates were scaled from a topographic map and have an estimated accuracy of +/- 6 seconds.
- The orthometric height was determined by differential leveling and adjusted by the National Geodetic Survey in June 1991.
- The geoid height was determined by GEOID99.
- The dynamic height is computed by dividing the NAVD 88 geopotential number by the normal gravity value computed on the Geodetic Reference System of 1980 (GRS 80) ellipsoid at 45 degrees latitude (g = 980.6199 gals.).
- The modeled gravity was interpolated from observed gravity values.