Details for Benchmark: MG0864
N 41° 58.547 W 091° 37.744 (NAD 83)
Coordinates may not be exact. Altitude is UNKNOWN and location is ADJUSTED. (more info)
- In LINN county, IA View Original Datasheet
- CEDAR RAPIDS MUNICIPAL TANK
- Marker Type:
- elevated tank
- setting not listed - see description
Benchmarks may be on private property or in dangerous locations. Obey local laws. By using the services on Geocaching.com you agree to this disclaimer.
||BlueDeuce marked MG0864 as destroyed
There is no Water Tower at this location. It has been removed.
Documented History (by the NGS)
|01/01/1934 by CGS (FIRST OBSERVED)
|DESCRIBED BY COAST AND GEODETIC SURVEY 1934 (CAS)
STATION IS THE CENTER OF THE CEDAR RAPIDS MUNICIPAL WATER TANK. IT IS A TALL, SILVER, STEEL TANK WITH A BALL ON TOP. IT IS ABOUT 125 FEET HIGH AND IS VERY PROMINENT.
THE TANK IS IN THE SOUTHEASTERN PART OF THE TOWN, ABOUT 1/2 BLOCK S OF MOUNT VERNON ROAD, AND ABOUT MIDWAY BETWEEN MEMORIAL DRIVE AND 26TH STREET, SE.
|01/01/1960 by CGS (GOOD)
|RECOVERY NOTE BY COAST AND GEODETIC SURVEY 1960 (ETJ)
THE TANK WAS RECOVERED IN GOOD CONDITION AND THE PUBLISHED DESCRIPTION IS ADEQUATE.
|01/01/1966 by CGS (GOOD)
|RECOVERY NOTE BY COAST AND GEODETIC SURVEY 1966 (RHR)
THE STATION WAS RECOVERED AS DESCRIBED AND FOUND TO BE IN GOOD CONDITION.
|01/01/1968 by LOCSUR (GOOD)
|RECOVERY NOTE BY LOCAL SURVEYOR (INDIVIDUAL OR FIRM) 1968 (AS)
STATION RECOVERED AS DESCRIBED.
- The horizontal coordinates were established by classical geodetic methods and adjusted by the National Geodetic Survey in May 1999.
- The Laplace correction was computed from DEFLEC99 derived deflections.
- The geoid height was determined by GEOID99.