Details for Benchmark: MJ1132
N 41° 32.682 W 094° 58.349 (NAD 83)
Coordinates may not be exact. Altitude is VERTCON and location is ADJUSTED. (more info)
- In AUDUBON county, IA View Original Datasheet
- Marker Type:
- survey disk
- setting not listed - see description
Benchmarks may be on private property or in dangerous locations. Obey local laws. By using the services on Geocaching.com you agree to this disclaimer.
Documented History (by the NGS)
|01/01/1968 by USGS (MONUMENTED)
|DESCRIBED BY US GEOLOGICAL SURVEY 1968 (JFS)
STATION IS LOCATED 3.25 MI S. AND 4.5 MI E. OF ELK HORN, 2.5 MI W. OF BRAYTON, NEAR THE CENTER OF THE N. HALF OF SEC. 22, T. 78 N., R. 36 W., IN THE RIGHT-OF-WAY OF CO. RD. T, AT TOP OF A CUTBANK, 0.4 MI W. OF A CROSSROADS.
TO REACH THE STATION FROM THE POST OFFICE AT BRAYTON, DRIVE W. FOR 0.05 MI TO U.S. HWY. 71, CONTINUE W. ON CO. RD. T (AN ASPHALT RD.), FOR 2.55 MI TO STATION ON THE RIGHT.
STATION AND REFERENCE MARKS ARE STANDARD TABLETS STAMPED HORN 1968 CRIMPED ON 10 FT LENGTHS OF COPPER COATED ROD, DRIVEN FLUSH WITH GROUND AND SET IN 6 IN. TILE FILLED WITH GRAVEL.
STATION MARK IS 61 FT N. OF CENTER OF THE RD., 88 FT E. OF E. POST OF ENTRANCE TO FIELD N., 41 FT NE. OF A POWER LINE POLE AND 2.0 FT S. OF THE N. RIGHT-OF-WAY FENCE AND A METAL WITNESS POST.
REFERENCE MARK 1 IS 105.78 FT (32.242 M.) S.-SW. OF STATION, 44 FT S. OF CENTER OF RD., 53 FT W. OF A TELEPHONE POLE AND 1.5 FT N. OF RIGHT-OF-WAY FENCE AND A METAL WITNESS POST.
REFERENCE MARK 2 IS 63.85 FT (19.461 M.) W. OF STATION, 61 FT N. OF CENTER OF RD., 38 FT NW. OF A POWERLINE POLE, 24 FT E. OF E. GATE POST OF FIELD ENTRANCE AND 1 FT S. OF RIGHT-OF-WAY FENCE AND A METAL WITNESS POST.
- The horizontal coordinates were established by classical geodetic methods and adjusted by the National Geodetic Survey in May 1999.
- The NAVD 88 height was computed by applying the VERTCON shift value to the NGVD 29 height (displayed under SUPERSEDED SURVEY CONTROL.)
- The Laplace correction was computed from DEFLEC99 derived deflections.
- The geoid height was determined by GEOID99.