Details for Benchmark: MJ1162
N 41° 41.737 W 095° 03.805 (NAD 83)
Coordinates may not be exact. Altitude is SCALED and location is ADJUSTED. (more info)
- In AUDUBON county, IA View Original Datasheet
- Marker Type:
- triangulation station disk
- set into the top of a round concrete monument
- May hold, but of type commonly subject to surface motion.
Benchmarks may be on private property or in dangerous locations. Obey local laws. By using the services on Geocaching.com you agree to this disclaimer.
Documented History (by the NGS)
|01/01/1930 by CGS (MONUMENTED)
|DESCRIBED BY COAST AND GEODETIC SURVEY 1930 (HWH)
STATION IS ABOUT 6-1/2 MILES W AND 1/2 MILE S OF AUDUBON, IN THE NE CORNER OF A FARM OWNED AND OCCUPIED BY OTTO ANDERSEN. THE STATION IS 0.45 MILE N OF A SECTION-LINE ROAD AND 0.45 MILE E OF A SECTION-LINE ROAD ON THE HIGHEST HILL IN THE VICINITY AND IN CULTIVATED LAND, ABOUT 720 YARDS NE OF ANDERSENS HOUSE. THE MARK IS FLUSH AND IS ABOUT 720 YARDS NE OF ANDERSENS HOUSE. THE MARK IS FLUSH AND IS LOCATED 0.15 METER N OF A FENCE AND 19 METERS W OF A FENCE CORNER.
SURFACE, UNDERGROUND, AND REFERENCE MARKS ARE STANDARD BRONZE DISKS SET IN CONCRETE.
REFERENCE MARK NO. 1, A FLUSH MARK, IS 34.35 METERS N OF THE ABOVE FENCE CORNER, AND 0.34 METER W OF A FENCE LINE. REFERENCE MARK NO. 2, A FLUSH MARK, IS ABOUT 160 METERS E OF THE SECTION-LINE ROAD, AND 1.05 METERS SW OF A GATEPOST ON WHICH THREE FENCE LINES ARE CONNECTED.
TO REACH THE STATION FROM AUDUBON CROSS TO THE W SIDE OF THE TRACKS AND GO S ON COUNTY ROUTE P, 1 MILE, THENCE STRAIGHT W 7 MILES TO A CORNER, AND THERE IS A SCHOOL IN THE SW CORNER. TURN S HERE 0.5 MILE TO A LANE GOING E ALONG A FENCE. FOLLOW LANE E 0.45 MILE TO THE STATION.
HEIGHT OF SIGNAL ABOVE STATION MARK - 4 METERS.
- The horizontal coordinates were established by classical geodetic methods and adjusted by the National Geodetic Survey in May 1999.
- The orthometric height was scaled from a topographic map.
- The Laplace correction was computed from DEFLEC99 derived deflections.
- The geoid height was determined by GEOID99.