Details for Benchmark: MP0150
N 41° 12.417 W 106° 47.550 (NAD 83)
Coordinates may not be exact. Altitude is ADJUSTED and location is SCALED. (more info)
- In CARBON county, WY View Original Datasheet
- Marker Type:
- pipe cap
- set into the top of a metal pipe driven into the ground
- Mark of questionable or unknown stability.
Benchmarks may be on private property or in dangerous locations. Obey local laws. By using the services on Geocaching.com you agree to this disclaimer.
Documented History (by the NGS)
|Unknown by USGS (MONUMENTED)
|01/01/1940 by WYHD (GOOD)
|DESCRIBED BY WYOMING HIGHWAY DEPARTMENT 1940
IN ENCAMPMENT. AT ENCAMPMENT, 61 FEET NORTHEAST OF THE CENTER OF THE INTERSECTION OF SIXTH STREET AND FREEMAN AVENUE, AT THE E. P. PARKISON GENERAL MERCHANDISE STORE, 8 FEET EAST OF THE SOUTHEAST CORNER OF THE BUILDING, AND AT THE EDGE OF THE WOODEN WALK. A U.S. GEOLOGICAL SURVEY STANDARD CAP, STAMPED 7322 AND RIVETED ON THE TOP OF A 3-1/2-INCH IRON PIPE SET IN A CONCRETE-FILLED STOVEPIPE.
- The horizontal coordinates were scaled from a topographic map and have an estimated accuracy of +/- 6 seconds.
- The orthometric height was determined by differential leveling and adjusted by the National Geodetic Survey in June 1991.
- The geoid height was determined by GEOID99.
- The dynamic height is computed by dividing the NAVD 88 geopotential number by the normal gravity value computed on the Geodetic Reference System of 1980 (GRS 80) ellipsoid at 45 degrees latitude (g = 980.6199 gals.).
- The modeled gravity was interpolated from observed gravity values.