Details for Benchmark: MP0255
N 41° 46.333 W 107° 16.617 (NAD 83)
Coordinates may not be exact. Altitude is ADJUSTED and location is SCALED. (more info)
- In CARBON county, WY View Original Datasheet
- V 115
- Marker Type:
- bench mark disk
- set into the top of a round concrete monument
- May hold, but of type commonly subject to surface motion.
Benchmarks may be on private property or in dangerous locations. Obey local laws. By using the services on Geocaching.com you agree to this disclaimer.
Documented History (by the NGS)
|01/01/1956 by CGS (MONUMENTED)
|DESCRIBED BY COAST AND GEODETIC SURVEY 1956
2.2 MI W FROM RAWLINS. 2.2 MILES WEST ALONG THE UNION PACIFIC RAILROAD FROM THE STATION AT RAWLINS, 219 FEET EAST OF THE CENTER OF A ROAD CROSSING, 185 FEET SOUTHEAST OF THE SOUTHEAST RAIL OF THE SOUTHEAST MAIN LINE TRACK, 114 FEET SOUTHEAST OF THE 3RD POLE SOUTHWEST OF MILEPOST 685, 82 FEET NORTHEAST OF A FENCE CORNER, 2.8 FEET SOUTHEAST OF A FENCE, 4.7 FEET SOUTH OF A WITNESS POST, SET IN THE TOP OF A CONCRETE POST WHICH PROJECTS 0.4 FOOT ABOVE THE GROUND, IN SECTION 19, TOWNSHIP 21 NORTH, RANGE 87 WEST.
|01/01/1983 by NGS (GOOD)
|RECOVERY NOTE BY NATIONAL GEODETIC SURVEY 1983
RECOVERED IN GOOD CONDITION.
- The horizontal coordinates were scaled from a topographic map and have an estimated accuracy of +/- 6 seconds.
- The orthometric height was determined by differential leveling and adjusted by the National Geodetic Survey in June 1991. WARNING-Repeat measurements at this control monument indicate possible vertical movement.
- The geoid height was determined by GEOID99.
- The dynamic height is computed by dividing the NAVD 88 geopotential number by the normal gravity value computed on the Geodetic Reference System of 1980 (GRS 80) ellipsoid at 45 degrees latitude (g = 980.6199 gals.).
- The modeled gravity was interpolated from observed gravity values.