Details for Benchmark: MP0534
N 41° 12.191 W 106° 13.006 (NAD 83)
Coordinates may not be exact. Altitude is SCALED and location is ADJUSTED. (more info)
- In ALBANY county, WY View Original Datasheet
- SPRUCE LOOKOUT TOWER
- Marker Type:
- lookout tower
- setting not listed - see description
Benchmarks may be on private property or in dangerous locations. Obey local laws. By using the services on Geocaching.com you agree to this disclaimer.
||TWorth found MP0534
Been up there twice, still standing as of 2012, though I think this tower is newer than the original tower mentioned in the 1949 datasheet.
||royswkr found MP0534
This entry was edited by royswkr on Thursday, 03 September 2015 at 16:55:51 UTC.
Documented History (by the NGS)
|01/01/1949 by CGS (FIRST OBSERVED)
|DESCRIBED BY COAST AND GEODETIC SURVEY 1949 (DHK)
STATION IS THE CENTER OF THE BASE OF THE SPRUCE LOOKOUT TOWER LOCATED ABOUT 4.5 MILES AIR LINE WEST-NORTHWEST OF ALBANY. IT IS ON THE TOP OF SPRUCE MOUNTAIN. THE LOOKOUT CONSISTS OF A WOODEN CAB ON THE TOP OF A POLE TOWER. THE STRUCTURE IS ABOUT 45 FEET HIGH.
|01/01/1959 by USGS (GOOD)
|RECOVERY NOTE BY US GEOLOGICAL SURVEY 1959
RECOVERED IN GOOD CONDITION.
- The horizontal coordinates were established by classical geodetic methods and adjusted by the National Geodetic Survey in January 1997.
- The orthometric height was scaled from a topographic map.
- The Laplace correction was computed from DEFLEC99 derived deflections.
- The geoid height was determined by GEOID99.