Details for Benchmark: MP0550
N 41° 27.144 W 106° 31.089 (NAD 83)
Coordinates may not be exact. Altitude is SCALED and location is ADJUSTED. (more info)
- In CARBON county, WY View Original Datasheet
- KENNADAY LOOKOUT HOUSE
- Marker Type:
- lookout house
- setting not listed - see description
Benchmarks may be on private property or in dangerous locations. Obey local laws. By using the services on Geocaching.com you agree to this disclaimer.
Documented History (by the NGS)
|01/01/1948 by CGS (FIRST OBSERVED)
|DESCRIBED BY COAST AND GEODETIC SURVEY 1948 (DHK)
THIS FOREST SERVICE LOOKOUT HOUSE IS ABOUT 15-FEET SQUARE AND IS ABOUT 12 FEET HIGH. IT IS LOCATED ON THE HIGHEST POINT OF KENNADAY PEAK. KENNADAY PEAK IS A PROMINENT MOUNTAIN HAVING TIMBER ON ALL SLOPES BUT IS BARE ON THE HIGHEST PART. IT IS ABOUT 15 MILES AIR LINE EAST OF SARATOGA AND ABOUT 10 MILES AIR LINE WEST OF THE CARBON-ALBANY COUNTY LINE.
LEVEL AND TRAVERSE CONNECTION MADE FROM TRIANGULATION STATION KENNADAY 1948.
THE CENTER OF THE TOP WAS THE POINT MEASURED TO.
- The horizontal coordinates were established by classical geodetic methods and adjusted by the National Geodetic Survey in January 1997.
- The orthometric height was scaled from a topographic map.
- The Laplace correction was computed from DEFLEC99 derived deflections.
- The geoid height was determined by GEOID99.