Details for Benchmark: MP0560
N 41° 01.988 W 106° 41.058 (NAD 83)
Coordinates may not be exact. Altitude is SCALED and location is ADJUSTED. (more info)
- In CARBON county, WY View Original Datasheet
- BLACKHALL LOOKOUT HOUSE
- Marker Type:
- lookout house
- setting not listed - see description
Benchmarks may be on private property or in dangerous locations. Obey local laws. By using the services on Geocaching.com you agree to this disclaimer.
Documented History (by the NGS)
|01/01/1949 by CGS (FIRST OBSERVED)
|DESCRIBED BY COAST AND GEODETIC SURVEY 1949 (DHK)
STATION IS THE TOP-CENTER OF THE BLACKHALL LOOKOUT HOUSE LOCATED ABOUT 13.5 MILES AIR LINE SOUTH-SOUTHEAST OF ENCAMPMENT AND ABOUT 2 MILES NORTH OF THE WYOMING-COLORADO LINE. THE LOOKOUT IS A ONE STORY STRUCTURE ABOUT 14-FOOT SQUARE AND BUILT OF WOOD. IT IS ON THE HIGHEST POINT OF BLACKHALL MOUNTAIN. THE TOP AND CENTER OF THE ROOF WAS THE POINT MEASURED TO.
- The horizontal coordinates were established by classical geodetic methods and adjusted by the National Geodetic Survey in January 1997.
- The orthometric height was scaled from a topographic map.
- The Laplace correction was computed from DEFLEC99 derived deflections.
- The geoid height was determined by GEOID99.