Details for Benchmark: MP0561
N 41° 01.989 W 106° 41.059 (NAD 83)
Coordinates may not be exact. Altitude is SCALED and location is ADJUSTED. (more info)
- In CARBON county, WY View Original Datasheet
- 10980 VA
- Marker Type:
- bench mark disk
- in rock outcrop
- Most reliable and expected to hold position/elevation well.
Benchmarks may be on private property or in dangerous locations. Obey local laws. By using the services on Geocaching.com you agree to this disclaimer.
||TWorth found MP0561
Pretty rough road, we walked the last mile or so. Lookout tower is still there.
Documented History (by the NGS)
|01/01/1949 by USGS (MONUMENTED)
|DESCRIBED BY US GEOLOGICAL SURVEY 1949
THE STATION IS LOCATED JUST NORTH OF THE FOREST SERVICE LOOKOUT HOUSE ON THE HIGHEST POINT OF WHAT IS LOCALLY KNOWN AS BLACKHALL MOUNTAIN. ABOUT 13.5 MILES AIR LINE SOUTH-SOUTHEAST OF ENCAMPMENT.
THE STATION MARK IS A U.S. GEOLOGICAL SURVEY BENCH MARK SET IN BEDROCK OUTCROP, 2 FEET NORTH OF THE NORTH SIDE OF THE LOOKOUT HOUSE, PROJECTS 10 INCHES AND STAMPED, VA 10980.
- The horizontal coordinates were established by classical geodetic methods and adjusted by the National Geodetic Survey in January 1997.
- The orthometric height was scaled from a topographic map.
- The Laplace correction was computed from DEFLEC99 derived deflections.
- The geoid height was determined by GEOID99.