Details for Benchmark: MP0647
N 41° 06.555 W 107° 11.664 (NAD 83)
Coordinates may not be exact. Altitude is SCALED and location is ADJUSTED. (more info)
- In CARBON county, WY View Original Datasheet
- Marker Type:
- triangulation station disk
- set into the top of a round concrete monument
Benchmarks may be on private property or in dangerous locations. Obey local laws. By using the services on Geocaching.com you agree to this disclaimer.
Documented History (by the NGS)
|01/01/1937 by CGS (MONUMENTED)
|DESCRIBED BY COAST AND GEODETIC SURVEY 1937 (FGS)
STATION IS LOCATED 1.7 MILES BY ROAD W OF THE SANDSTONE RANGER STATION AND ABOUT 7-1/2 MILES N OF THE COLORADO-WYOMING LINE. IT IS ON THE HIGHEST GROUND IN THE VICINITY. THERE IS A HIGHER RIDGE ABOUT 3 MILES W OF THE STATION. THE STATION IS SURROUNDED BY A DENSE GROWTH OF ASPEN WITH SCATTERED PINE. STATION IS 80 FEET S OF CENTER LINE OF GRADED ROAD.
SURFACE, UNDERGROUND, REFERENCE, AND AZIMUTH MARKS ARE STANDARD BRONZE DISKS SET IN CONCRETE.
SURFACE MARK PROJECTS 10 INCHES.
REFERENCE MARK NO. 1 PROJECTS 8 INCHES.
REFERENCE MARK NO. 2 PROJECTS 6 INCHES.
AZIMUTH MARK PROJECTS 8 INCHES. IT IS 100 YARDS N OF CENTER LINE OF GRADED ROAD IN A GRASSY CLEARING.
STATION IS REACHED FROM DIXON, WYOMING, BY GOING E ON THE ENCAMPMENT ROAD FOR 5.1 MILES TO SAVERY POST OFFICE, THENCE CONTINUE E ON ENCAMPMENT ROAD FOR 4.75 MILES TO SLATER POST OFFICE, THENCE CONTINUE E ON ENCAMPMENT ROAD FOR 0.9 MILE TO A FORK. THENCE STRAIGHT AHEAD ON LEFT FORK EASTERLY FOR 2.8 MILES TO A FORK. THENCE LEFT FORK N FOR 3.9 MILES TO A SIDE ROAD RIGHT AND A FOREST SERVICE SIGN READING ENCAMPMENT 36 MILES, SLATER 7 MILES. THENCE TURN RIGHT AND GO E AND N ON ENCAMPMENT ROAD FOR 7.7 MILES TO STATION.
A 50-FOOT TOWER REQUIRED TO SEE ALL STATIONS EXCEPT LOVE WHICH REQUIRES A 60-FOOT TOWER.
- The horizontal coordinates were established by classical geodetic methods and adjusted by the National Geodetic Survey in January 1997.
- The orthometric height was scaled from a topographic map.
- The Laplace correction was computed from DEFLEC99 derived deflections.
- The geoid height was determined by GEOID99.