Details for Benchmark: MR0484
N 41° 54.400 W 111° 56.717 (NAD 83)
Coordinates may not be exact. Altitude is ADJUSTED and location is SCALED. (more info)
- In CACHE county, UT View Original Datasheet
- L 338
- Marker Type:
- bench mark disk
- light structures
- Mark of questionable or unknown stability.
Benchmarks may be on private property or in dangerous locations. Obey local laws. By using the services on Geocaching.com you agree to this disclaimer.
Documented History (by the NGS)
|01/01/1951 by CGS (MONUMENTED)
|01/01/1967 by NGS (GOOD)
|DESCRIBED BY NATIONAL GEODETIC SURVEY 1967
0.75 MI S FROM TRENTON. 0.75 MILE SOUTH ALONG THE UNION PACIFIC RAILROAD FROM THE CROSSING OF STATE HIGHWAY 170 AT TRENTON, 0.25 MILE NORTH OF THE CROSSING OF A GRAVELED ROAD, AT COTTLE SIDING, AT THE SOUTH END OF TRENTON SIDING, IN THE TOP OF THE CENTER OF THE EAST CONCRETE HEAD WALL OF DOUBLE CONCRETE BOX CULVERTS, 94 FEET NORTHEAST AND ACROSS THE TRACK FROM MILEPOLE 56, 13.9 FEET EAST OF THE EAST RAIL, AND ABOUT 1 1/2 FEET HIGHER THAN THE TRACK.
- The horizontal coordinates were scaled from a topographic map and have an estimated accuracy of +/- 6 seconds.
- The orthometric height was determined by differential leveling and adjusted by the National Geodetic Survey in June 1991.
- The geoid height was determined by GEOID99.
- The dynamic height is computed by dividing the NAVD 88 geopotential number by the normal gravity value computed on the Geodetic Reference System of 1980 (GRS 80) ellipsoid at 45 degrees latitude (G = 980.6199 gals.).
- The modeled gravity was interpolated from observed gravity values.