Details for Benchmark: MR0485
N 41° 54.167 W 111° 57.067 (NAD 83)
Coordinates may not be exact. Altitude is ADJUSTED and location is SCALED. (more info)
- In CACHE county, UT View Original Datasheet
- N 170
- Marker Type:
- bench mark disk
- in rock outcrop
- Most reliable and expected to hold position/elevation well.
Benchmarks may be on private property or in dangerous locations. Obey local laws. By using the services on Geocaching.com you agree to this disclaimer.
Documented History (by the NGS)
|1/1/1967 by CGS (MONUMENTED)
|DESCRIBED BY COAST AND GEODETIC SURVEY 1967
1.3 MI S FROM TRENTON. 1.0 MILE SOUTH ALONG THE UNION PACIFIC RAILROAD FROM THE CROSSING OF STATE HIGHWAY 170 AT TRENTON, THENCE 0.3 MILE WEST ALONG A GRAVELED ROAD, AT THE JUNCTION OF STATE HIGHWAY 23, IN THE TOP OF A 4 1/2 BY 4 1/2-FOOT OUTCROP WHICH PROJECTS 1 1/2 FEET ABOVE THE GROUND, 45 FEET NORTH OF THE EXTENDED CENTER LINE OF THE ROAD, 104 FEET WEST OF THE CENTER LINE OF THE HIGHWAY, 74 FEET WEST-NORTHWEST OF THE NORTH END OF A STEEL GATE, 65.2 FEET WEST OF A FENCE, 66.1 FEET WEST OF A WITNESS POST, AND ABOUT 12 FEET HIGHER THAN THE HIGHWAY.
- The horizontal coordinates were scaled from a topographic map and have an estimated accuracy of +/- 6 seconds.
- The orthometric height was determined by differential leveling and adjusted by the National Geodetic Survey in June 1991.
- The geoid height was determined by GEOID99.
- The dynamic height is computed by dividing the NAVD 88 geopotential number by the normal gravity value computed on the Geodetic Reference System of 1980 (GRS 80) ellipsoid at 45 degrees latitude (G = 980.6199 gals.).
- The modeled gravity was interpolated from observed gravity values.