Details for Benchmark: MR0489
N 41° 53.967 W 111° 56.683 (NAD 83)
Coordinates may not be exact. Altitude is ADJUSTED and location is SCALED. (more info)
- In CACHE county, UT View Original Datasheet
- E 331 RESET
- Marker Type:
- bench mark disk
- set into the top of a round concrete monument
- May hold, but of type commonly subject to surface motion.
Benchmarks may be on private property or in dangerous locations. Obey local laws. By using the services on Geocaching.com you agree to this disclaimer.
Documented History (by the NGS)
|01/01/1950 by UPRR (MONUMENTED)
|01/01/1967 by NGS (GOOD)
|DESCRIBED BY NATIONAL GEODETIC SURVEY 1967
1.2 MI S FROM TRENTON. 1.2 MILES SOUTH ALONG THE UNION PACIFIC RAILROAD FROM THE CROSSING OF STATE HIGHWAY 170 AT TRENTON, 0.2 MILE SOUTH OF THE CROSSING OF A GRAVELED ROAD, AT THE SOUTH END OF COTTLE SIDING, 1-3/4 POLES NORTH OF MILEPOLE 55.50, 17.7 FEET EAST OF THE EAST RAIL, 38 FEET SOUTH OF SWITCH STAND NO. 555, 25 1/2 FEET NORTHEAST OF THE CENTER OF A MOTOR CAR SET-OFF, 1.5 FEET SOUTH OF A WITNESS POST, ABOUT LEVEL WITH THE TRACK, AND SET IN THE TOP OF A CONCRETE POST PROJECTING 0.3 FOOT ABOVE THE GROUND.
- The horizontal coordinates were scaled from a topographic map and have an estimated accuracy of +/- 6 seconds.
- The orthometric height was determined by differential leveling and adjusted by the National Geodetic Survey in June 1991.
- The geoid height was determined by GEOID99.
- The dynamic height is computed by dividing the NAVD 88 geopotential number by the normal gravity value computed on the Geodetic Reference System of 1980 (GRS 80) ellipsoid at 45 degrees latitude (G = 980.6199 gals.).
- The modeled gravity was interpolated from observed gravity values.