Details for Benchmark: MS0195
N 41° 35.783 W 112° 40.817 (NAD 83)
Coordinates may not be exact. Altitude is ADJUSTED and location is SCALED. (more info)
- In BOX ELDER county, UT View Original Datasheet
- Z 94
- Marker Type:
- bench mark disk
- in rock outcrop
- Most reliable and expected to hold position/elevation well.
Benchmarks may be on private property or in dangerous locations. Obey local laws. By using the services on Geocaching.com you agree to this disclaimer.
Documented History (by the NGS)
|01/01/1953 by CGS (MONUMENTED)
|DESCRIBED BY COAST AND GEODETIC SURVEY 1953
9.5 MI W FROM PROMONTORY. 3.1 MILES SOUTHWEST ALONG A COUNTY GRAVELED ROAD FROM THE GOLDEN SPIKE MONUMENT AT PROMONTORY, THENCE 6.4 MILES WEST ALONG A GRAVELED ROAD ON THE ABANDONED SOUTHERN PACIFIC COMPANY RAILROAD BED. 0.4 MILE EAST OF MILEPOLE 763, ABOUT 80 YARDS NORTHWEST OF THE CENTER OF THE T JUNCTION OF A TRACK ROAD LEADING SOUTHWEST, IN THE TOP OF THE APPROXIMATE CENTER OF A 25- BY 30-FOOT FLAT-TOPPED OUTCROP PROJECTING ABOUT 4 FEET ABOVE THE GROUND, 49 FEET SOUTHWEST OF A TELEPHONE POLE, 28 1/2 FEET NORTHEAST OF THE CENTER LINE OF THE ROAD, ABOUT 7 FEET HIGHER THAN THE ROAD, AND MARKED BY THE WHITE PAINTED LETTERS BM.
- The horizontal coordinates were scaled from a topographic map and have an estimated accuracy of +/- 6 seconds.
- The orthometric height was determined by differential leveling and adjusted by the National Geodetic Survey in June 1991.
- The geoid height was determined by GEOID99.
- The dynamic height is computed by dividing the NAVD 88 geopotential number by the normal gravity value computed on the Geodetic Reference System of 1980 (GRS 80) ellipsoid at 45 degrees latitude (G = 980.6199 gals.).
- The modeled gravity was interpolated from observed gravity values.