Details for Benchmark: MS0200
N 41° 39.383 W 112° 42.467 (NAD 83)
Coordinates may not be exact. Altitude is ADJUSTED and location is SCALED. (more info)
- In BOX ELDER county, UT View Original Datasheet
- D 10
- Marker Type:
- pipe cap
- set into the top of a metal pipe driven into the ground
- Mark of questionable or unknown stability.
Benchmarks may be on private property or in dangerous locations. Obey local laws. By using the services on Geocaching.com you agree to this disclaimer.
Documented History (by the NGS)
|01/01/1911 by CGS (MONUMENTED)
|01/01/1953 by NGS (GOOD)
|DESCRIBED BY NATIONAL GEODETIC SURVEY 1953
14.4 MI W FROM PROMONTORY. 3.1 MILES SOUTHWEST ALONG A COUNTY GRAVELED ROAD FROM THE GOLDEN SPIKE MONUMENT AT PROMONTORY, THENCE 11.3 MILES WEST ALONG A GRAVELED ROAD ON THE ABANDONED SOUTHERN PACIFIC COMPANY RAILROAD BED. 0.5 MILE (20 POLES) NORTH OF MILEPOLE 759, 107 FEET WEST OF AND ACROSS THE ROAD FROM A TELEPHONE POLE MARKED BY THE WHITE PAINTED LETTERS BM, 37 FEET WEST OF THE CENTER LINE OF THE ROAD, 1.5 FEET EAST OF A WITNESS POST, ABOUT 2 FEET LOWER THAN THE ROAD, AND SCREWED ON TOP OF A 3 1/2-INCH IRON PIPE PROJECTING 0.5 FOOT ABOVE THE GROUND.
- The horizontal coordinates were scaled from a topographic map and have an estimated accuracy of +/- 6 seconds.
- The orthometric height was determined by differential leveling and adjusted by the National Geodetic Survey in June 1991.
- The geoid height was determined by GEOID99.
- The dynamic height is computed by dividing the NAVD 88 geopotential number by the normal gravity value computed on the Geodetic Reference System of 1980 (GRS 80) ellipsoid at 45 degrees latitude (G = 980.6199 gals.).
- The modeled gravity was interpolated from observed gravity values.