Details for Benchmark: MS0599
N 41° 43.317 W 112° 45.983 (NAD 83)
Coordinates may not be exact. Altitude is ADJUSTED and location is SCALED. (more info)
- In BOX ELDER county, UT View Original Datasheet
- Q 380
- Marker Type:
- metal rod
- stainless steel rod
- Probably hold position/elevation well.
Benchmarks may be on private property or in dangerous locations. Obey local laws. By using the services on Geocaching.com you agree to this disclaimer.
Documented History (by the NGS)
|01/01/1984 by NGS (MONUMENTED)
|DESCRIBED BY NATIONAL GEODETIC SURVEY 1984
24.6 KM (15.3 MI) NW FROM PROMONTORY. 1.58 KM (0.98 MI) NORTH ALONG A PAVED ROAD FROM THE GOLDEN SPIKE MONUMENT IN PROMONTORY, THENCE 23.07 KM (14.34 MI) WEST ALONG A GRAVEL ROAD, ON THE HIGHEST POINT OF A SMALL KNOLL, AT THE Y JUNCTION OF A DIRT ROAD LEADING NORTHWEST, 42.3 METERS (139 FT) NORTH OF THE CENTER OF THE ROAD AND 18.9 METERS (62 FT) NORTHEAST OF THE CENTER OF THE ROAD LEADING NORTHWEST. THE MARK IS 0.5 METERS W FROM A WITNESS POST. THE MARK IS 1.5 M ABOVE THE ROADS.
- The horizontal coordinates were scaled from a topographic map and have an estimated accuracy of +/- 6 seconds.
- The orthometric height was determined by differential leveling and adjusted by the National Geodetic Survey in June 1991.
- The geoid height was determined by GEOID99.
- The dynamic height is computed by dividing the NAVD 88 geopotential number by the normal gravity value computed on the Geodetic Reference System of 1980 (GRS 80) ellipsoid at 45 degrees latitude (G = 980.6199 gals.).
- The modeled gravity was interpolated from observed gravity values.