Details for Benchmark: MT0765
N 41° 06.879 W 114° 55.643 (NAD 83)
Coordinates may not be exact. Altitude is UNKNOWN and location is ADJUSTED. (more info)
- In ELKO county, NV View Original Datasheet
- AIRWAY BEACON 46 WELLS AIRPORT
- Marker Type:
- NGS Benchmark
- setting not listed - see description
Benchmarks may be on private property or in dangerous locations. Obey local laws. By using the services on Geocaching.com you agree to this disclaimer.
Documented History (by the NGS)
|01/01/1957 by CGS (MONUMENTED)
|DESCRIBED BY COAST AND GEODETIC SURVEY 1957 (RFL)
AN AIRWAY BEACON AT THE WELLS C.A.A. INTERMEDIATE LANDING FIELD MOUNTED ON A STEEL STRUCTURE WITH THE CENTER OF THE REVOLVING LIGHT 53.9 FEET ABOVE THE GROUND SURFACE. THE BEACON SHOWS A GREEN AND WHITE LIGHT, FLASHES THE CODE LETTER B (-...). THE BEACON IS LOCATED ABOUT 525 FEET W OF THE WEST EDGE AND SOUTH END OF THE N-S RUNWAY, AND 600 FEET S OF THE SOUTH EDGE OF THE E-W BLACKTOPPED RUNWAY. DESIGNATED ELEVATION OF THE AIRFIELD IS 5763 FEET.
REACHED FROM THE JUNCTION OF U.S. HIGHWAYS 40 AND 93 AT EAST EDGE OF WELLS BY FOLLOWING HIGHWAY 93 NORTH FOR 1.5 MILES WHEN TURN RIGHT, EAST AND CONTINUE AIRFIELD ROAD FOR 0.7 MILE TO BEACON NEAR CATTLE GUARD CROSSING.
N-S RUNWAY HAS A GRAVEL SURFACE. THE BEACON HAS A DESIGNATION 46 ON THE ELKO SECTIONAL AERONAUTICAL CHART, AND IS PROBABLY IN SAME LOCATION ARE PREVIOUS BEACON NUMBERED 46B.
|01/01/1963 by USAF (MONUMENTED)
|RECOVERY NOTE BY US AIR FORCE 1963
STATION RECOVERED AS DESCRIBED. PREVIOUS DESCRIPTION ADEQUATE.
- The horizontal coordinates were established by classical geodetic methods and adjusted by the National Geodetic Survey in June 1998.
- The Laplace correction was computed from DEFLEC99 derived deflections.
- The geoid height was determined by GEOID99.