Details for Benchmark: MY0570
N 42° 20.867 W 071° 04.667 (NAD 83)
Coordinates may not be exact. Altitude is POSTED and location is SCALED. (more info)
- In SUFFOLK county, MA View Original Datasheet
- HUNTINGTON AVENUE
- Marker Type:
- chiseled square
- light structures
- Mark of questionable or unknown stability.
Benchmarks may be on private property or in dangerous locations. Obey local laws. By using the services on Geocaching.com you agree to this disclaimer.
Documented History (by the NGS)
|Unknown by B+ARR (MONUMENTED)
|01/01/1934 by NGS (GOOD)
|DESCRIBED BY NATIONAL GEODETIC SURVEY 1934
AT BOSTON. AT BOSTON, SUFFOLK COUNTY, ON THE MAIN LINE OF THE BOSTON AND ALBANY RAILROAD, AT THE HUNTINGTON AVENUE STATION, AT THE BAGGAGE ROOM DOOR, ON THE NORTHWEST CORNER OF THE LOWER STONE STEP. A CHISELED SQUARE.
- The horizontal coordinates were scaled from a topographic map and have an estimated accuracy of +/- 6 seconds.
- The orthometric height was determined by differential leveling and adjusted by the National Geodetic Survey in 1992. * This is a POSTED BENCH MARK height. Code E indicates a distribution rate of 4.1 thru 8.0 mm/km.
- The geoid height was determined by GEOID99.
- The dynamic height is computed by dividing the NAVD 88 geopotential number by the normal gravity value computed on the Geodetic Reference System of 1980 (GRS 80) ellipsoid at 45 degrees latitude (g = 980.6199 gals.).
- The modeled gravity was interpolated from observed gravity values.