Details for Benchmark: MY0649
N 42° 17.117 W 071° 20.850 (NAD 83)
Coordinates may not be exact. Altitude is POSTED and location is SCALED. (more info)
- In MIDDLESEX county, MA View Original Datasheet
- X 4
- Marker Type:
- bench mark disk
- set into the top of a round concrete monument
- May hold, but of type commonly subject to surface motion.
Benchmarks may be on private property or in dangerous locations. Obey local laws. By using the services on Geocaching.com you agree to this disclaimer.
Documented History (by the NGS)
|01/01/1927 by CGS (MONUMENTED)
|01/01/1934 by NGS (GOOD)
|DESCRIBED BY NATIONAL GEODETIC SURVEY 1934
AT NATICK. AT NATICK, MIDDLESEX COUNTY, 2 RAILS EAST OF BOSTON AND ALBANY RAILROAD BRIDGE 17.67, 30 FEET WEST OF THE WEST END OF THE RAILROAD STATION, 18.5 FEET SOUTH OF THE SOUTH RAIL OF THE SOUTH TRACK, AND 4.4 FEET SOUTH OF THE SOUTH EDGE OF A CONCRETE WALK WHICH EXTENDS ALONG THE NORTH SIDE OF THE STATION, IN A SMALL PLOT OF GRASS WEST OF THE STATION. A STANDARD DISK, STAMPED X 4 1927 AND SET IN THE TOP OF A CONCRETE POST.
- The horizontal coordinates were scaled from a topographic map and have an estimated accuracy of +/- 6 seconds.
- The orthometric height was determined by differential leveling and adjusted by the National Geodetic Survey in 1992. * This is a POSTED BENCH MARK height. Code A indicates a distribution rate of 0.0 thru 1.0 mm/km.
- The geoid height was determined by GEOID99.
- The dynamic height is computed by dividing the NAVD 88 geopotential number by the normal gravity value computed on the Geodetic Reference System of 1980 (GRS 80) ellipsoid at 45 degrees latitude (g = 980.6199 gals.).
- The modeled gravity was interpolated from observed gravity values.