Details for Benchmark: MY2092
N 42° 17.767 W 071° 17.983 (NAD 83)
Coordinates may not be exact. Altitude is ADJUSTED and location is SCALED. (more info)
- In NORFOLK county, MA View Original Datasheet
- N 37
- Marker Type:
- bench mark disk
- massive structures
- Probably hold position/elevation well.
Benchmarks may be on private property or in dangerous locations. Obey local laws. By using the services on Geocaching.com you agree to this disclaimer.
||CDix couldn't find MY2092
The Bridge was torn down and rebuilt in 1995.
Documented History (by the NGS)
|01/01/1978 by NGS (MONUMENTED)
|DESCRIBED BY NATIONAL GEODETIC SURVEY 1978
IN WELLESLEY. 0.2 MILE SOUTHWEST ALONG STATE HIGHWAYS 16 AND 135 FROM THE TOWN HALL IN WELLESLEY THENCE 0.3 MILE SOUTHWEST ALONG STATE HIGHWAY 135 TO THE MARK ON THE RIGHT, 1.65 MILES SOUTHWEST OF WELLESLEY HILLS, SET IN TOP OF THE NORTHWEST ABUTMENT OF BRIDGE OVER RAIL- ROAD TRACKS, 174 FEET NORTHEAST OF THE INTERSECTION OF WESTON ROAD AND 135, 21 FEET NORTHWEST OF THE CENTER OF ROAD, 12 FEET SOUTHWEST OF A POWER POLE.
- The horizontal coordinates were scaled from a topographic map and have an estimated accuracy of +/- 6 seconds.
- The orthometric height was determined by differential leveling and adjusted by the National Geodetic Survey in June 1991.
- The geoid height was determined by GEOID99.
- The dynamic height is computed by dividing the NAVD 88 geopotential number by the normal gravity value computed on the Geodetic Reference System of 1980 (GRS 80) ellipsoid at 45 degrees latitude (g = 980.6199 gals.).
- The modeled gravity was interpolated from observed gravity values.