Details for Benchmark: MY2098
N 42° 16.772 W 071° 24.325 (NAD 83)
Coordinates may not be exact. Altitude is ADJUSTED and location is ADJUSTED. (more info)
- In MIDDLESEX county, MA View Original Datasheet
- U 37
- Marker Type:
- bench mark disk
- a metal rod driven into the ground
- Probably hold position/elevation well.
Benchmarks may be on private property or in dangerous locations. Obey local laws. By using the services on Geocaching.com you agree to this disclaimer.
||momofm3 posted a note for MY2098
description makes it sound like it is way too close to active track.
Documented History (by the NGS)
|01/01/1978 by NGS (MONUMENTED)
|DESCRIBED BY NATIONAL GEODETIC SURVEY 1978
IN FRAMINGHAM. 0.6 MILE EAST ALONG STATE HIGHWAY 135 FROM THE JUNCTION OF STATE HIGHWAYS 135 AND 126 IN FRAMINGHAM TO THE MARK ON THE LEFT, 3.15 MILES WEST OF NATICK, 0.2 MILE EAST OF BISHOP STREET, SET BETWEEN THE MAIN TRACK AND A SPUR TRACK, 43 FEET NORTH OF THE NORTH RAIL, 31 FEET EAST OF THE EAST CORNER OF A CHAIN LINK FENCE, 8 FEET SOUTH OF THE SOUTH RAIL OF SPUR TRACK, 2 FEET EAST OF A POWER POLE.
|12/06/1999 by WOOLPT (GOOD)
|RECOVERY NOTE BY WOOLPERT CONSULTANTS 1999 (ARL)
RECOVERED AS DESCRIBED.
- The horizontal coordinates were established by GPS observations and adjusted by the National Geodetic Survey in May 2000.
- The orthometric height was determined by differential leveling and adjusted by the National Geodetic Survey in June 1991.
- The X, Y, and Z were computed from the position and the ellipsoidal ht.
- The Laplace correction was computed from DEFLEC99 derived deflections.
- The ellipsoidal height was determined by GPS observations and is referenced to NAD 83.
- The geoid height was determined by GEOID99.
- The dynamic height is computed by dividing the NAVD 88 geopotential number by the normal gravity value computed on the Geodetic Reference System of 1980 (GRS 80) ellipsoid at 45 degrees latitude (g = 980.6199 gals.).
- The modeled gravity was interpolated from observed gravity values.