Details for Benchmark: MY2100
N 42° 16.367 W 071° 26.500 (NAD 83)
Coordinates may not be exact. Altitude is ADJUSTED and location is SCALED. (more info)
- In MIDDLESEX county, MA View Original Datasheet
- W 37
- Marker Type:
- bench mark disk
- in rock outcrop
- Most reliable and expected to hold position/elevation well.
Benchmarks may be on private property or in dangerous locations. Obey local laws. By using the services on Geocaching.com you agree to this disclaimer.
Documented History (by the NGS)
|01/01/1978 by NGS (MONUMENTED)
|DESCRIBED BY NATIONAL GEODETIC SURVEY 1978
1.35 MI SW FROM FRAMINGHAM. 1.35 MILES SOUTHWEST ALONG STATE HIGHWAY 135 AND FROM THE JUNCTION OF STATE HIGHWAYS 135 AND 126 IN FRAMINGHAM TO THE MARK ON THE RIGHT, SET IN BEDROCK NEAR RAILROAD TRACKS, 0.3 MILE WEST OF THE CROSSING OF WINTER STREET BRIDGE, 16 FEET SOUTH OF THE SOUTH RAIL.
- The horizontal coordinates were scaled from a topographic map and have an estimated accuracy of +/- 6 seconds.
- The orthometric height was determined by differential leveling and adjusted by the National Geodetic Survey in June 1991.
- The geoid height was determined by GEOID99.
- The dynamic height is computed by dividing the NAVD 88 geopotential number by the normal gravity value computed on the Geodetic Reference System of 1980 (GRS 80) ellipsoid at 45 degrees latitude (g = 980.6199 gals.).
- The modeled gravity was interpolated from observed gravity values.