Details for Benchmark: MY2462
N 42° 21.695 W 071° 03.059 (NAD 83)
Coordinates may not be exact. Altitude is VERTCON and location is ADJUSTED. (more info)
- In SUFFOLK county, MA View Original Datasheet
- Marker Type:
- setting not listed - see description
- Mark of questionable or unknown stability.
Benchmarks may be on private property or in dangerous locations. Obey local laws. By using the services on Geocaching.com you agree to this disclaimer.
Documented History (by the NGS)
|01/01/1978 by MAGS (MONUMENTED)
|DESCRIBED BY MASSACHUSETTS GEODETIC SURVEY 1978 (WJK)
THE STATION IS LOCATED ABOUT 0.6 KM (0.4 MI) EAST OF BOSTON CITY HALL AND 2.8 KM (1.7 MI) NORTH OF SOUTH BOSTON. OWNERSHIP--BOSTON PARKS AND RECREATION DEPARTMENT.
TO REACH THE STATION FROM THE CITY HALL IN BOSTON, GO NORTHEAST ON NORTH STREET ABOUT 0.6 KM (0.4 MI) TO PRINCE STREET. TURN RIGHT AND GO EAST ABOUT 0.2 KM (0.1 MI) TO ATLANTIC AVENUE. TURN RIGHT AND GO SOUTH ABOUT 0.4 KM (0.3 MI) TO THE STATION ON THE LEFT.
THE STATION IS MARKED BY A NAIL SET IN A LEAD PLUG IN A GRANITE CAP SECTION OF A 50 CM WALL ON THE EAST SIDE OF WATERFRONT PARK IN THE CITY OF BOSTON. IT IS 12.48 METERS (40.94 FT) WEST OF THE NEAR FACE OF THE EIGHTH BOLLARD, COUNTING NORTH TO SOUTH, 5.75 METERS (18.87 FT) SOUTHEAST OF NEAR FACE OF THE FIRST GRANITE COLUMN SUPPORTING WOOD ARCHWAY AND 2.21 METERS (7.24 FT) EAST OF THE NEAR FACE OF THE SECOND GRANITE COLUMN SUPPORTING THE WOOD ARCHWAY.
HEIGHT OF LIGHT SHOWN WAS 1.5 METERS ABOVE THE MARK.
DESCRIBED BY W.J. KENNEDY, MAGS. 870713-STATION RECOVERED IN GOOD CONDITION, D.C. AHERN, MAGS.
- The horizontal coordinates were established by classical geodetic methods and adjusted by the National Geodetic Survey in June 1998.
- The NAVD 88 height was computed by applying the VERTCON shift value to the NGVD 29 height (displayed under SUPERSEDED SURVEY CONTROL.)
- The Laplace correction was computed from DEFLEC99 derived deflections.
- The geoid height was determined by GEOID99.