I returned to the site yesterday (after a lag of almost a year) and found the station, in good condition, along with one of the two drillhole RMs. Very satisfying.
The area photos I posted last year were approximately correct on the station's location. I found it by taking a more precise distance reading to the telephone pole across the street and letting my GPSr settle out. I then staked the GPSr's indicated station location (which was within foot and a half of the measured point) and used my metal detector to ping the disk. The first "ping" was a piece of old soda can, but the 2nd reading yielded the station disk. I then worked backwards to find one of the two drillhole RMs.
I estimate that the station is about 82 ft. (not 80.3) from the pole, which might have been moved over the past 74 years.
The drillhole I found was almost exactly 24.3 ft. from the station (matching part of the Description), but the station bears almost exactly 315dT (NW) from it (inconsistent with the description). I'm guessing that an error was made in transcription.
I searched extensively on the ledge exposure with the drillhole for a second hole, but this was very hard going. The ledge is covered with dirt, broken glass, and lichen, and is heavily encroached by thick moss and grass. I didn't think it worth the trouble to "unbury" more of the ledge to hunt for the 2nd drillhole.
Given the trouble in finding or seeing the references, I established a new one. The station is 15.3 ft. distant from the bark of a 12" tree (which sits just SW of a large clump of trees). This measurement was made about 1ft. up from the ground. The station bears about 25dT from the tree.
The station is covered by an inch or so of dirt and moss, and is surrounded by a lush growth of poison ivy.