Details for Benchmark: MY2937
N 42° 21.638 W 071° 02.860 (NAD 83)
Coordinates may not be exact. Altitude is SCALED and location is ADJUSTED. (more info)
- In SUFFOLK county, MA View Original Datasheet
- 132 M USE 1939
- Marker Type:
- NGS Benchmark
- setting not listed - see description
Benchmarks may be on private property or in dangerous locations. Obey local laws. By using the services on Geocaching.com you agree to this disclaimer.
||SRD525 marked MY2937 as destroyed
New granite and brick pavers now cover the end of this pier.
Documented History (by the NGS)
|01/01/1939 by MAGS (MONUMENTED)
|DESCRIBED BY MASSACHUSETTS GEODETIC SURVEY 1939
LOCATED IN THE NORTHEASTERN PART OF BOSTON ON WATER FRONT ON NE CORNER OF UNITED FRUIT COMPANY WHARF, E OF ATLANTIC AVENUE. 13.7 FEET E AND 13.4 FEET N OF NE CORNERS OF UNITED FRUIT COMPANY BUILDING AND 16 FEET N OF GATE ON WALK AT E SIDE OF BUILDING.
AN OCCUPIED SECOND-ORDER STATION MARKED BY A PRICK PUNCH MARK IN SPIKE ON WHARF PLANKING ENCLOSED IN CHISELED TRIANGLE IN PIERHEAD PLANKING.
- The horizontal coordinates were established by classical geodetic methods and adjusted by the National Geodetic Survey in June 1998.
- The orthometric height was scaled from a topographic map.
- The Laplace correction was computed from DEFLEC99 derived deflections.
- The geoid height was determined by GEOID99.