Details for Benchmark: MY3117
N 42° 21.688 W 071° 04.868 (NAD 83)
Coordinates may not be exact. Altitude is SCALED and location is ADJUSTED. (more info)
- In MIDDLESEX county, MA View Original Datasheet
- FILENE 1938
- Marker Type:
- NGS Benchmark
- setting not listed - see description
- Mark of questionable or unknown stability.
Benchmarks may be on private property or in dangerous locations. Obey local laws. By using the services on Geocaching.com you agree to this disclaimer.
Documented History (by the NGS)
|01/01/1938 by MA0120 (MONUMENTED)
|DESCRIBED BY CITY OF BOSTON MASSACHUSETTS 1938
A CITY PLANNING BOARD BRONZE DISK SET IN A SQUARE CONCRETE PIMPLE ON TAR AND GRAVEL ROOF OF STAIRWAY PENTHOUSE ON THE MIDDLE OF SE SIDE OF FILENES BUILDING, SITUATED ON THE NORTHERLY SIDE OF MEMORIAL DRIVE IN CAMBRIDGE, MASSACHUSETTS.
IT IS SITUATED 6.066 METERS SE OF NW CORNER OF PENTHOUSE. 8.39 METERS S OF NE CORNER. 7.53 METERS SW OF SE CORNER OF PENTHOUSE.
NO REFERENCE MARKS, TIES ONLY.
- The horizontal coordinates were established by classical geodetic methods and adjusted by the National Geodetic Survey in June 1998.
- The orthometric height was scaled from a topographic map.
- The Laplace correction was computed from DEFLEC99 derived deflections.
- The geoid height was determined by GEOID99.