Details for Benchmark: MY3128
N 42° 21.615 W 071° 02.928 (NAD 83)
Coordinates may not be exact. Altitude is UNKNOWN and location is ADJUSTED. (more info)
- In SUFFOLK county, MA View Original Datasheet
- BOSTON LONG WHARF BUILDING
- Marker Type:
- NGS Benchmark
- setting not listed - see description
Benchmarks may be on private property or in dangerous locations. Obey local laws. By using the services on Geocaching.com you agree to this disclaimer.
Documented History (by the NGS)
|01/01/1877 by CGS (MONUMENTED)
|DESCRIBED BY COAST AND GEODETIC SURVEY 1877 (FB)
STATION IS THE IRON FINIAL SURMOUNTING THE CUPOLA OF THE CUSTOM HOUSE BLOCK ON LONG WHARF.
|01/01/1933 by CGS (SEE DESCRIPTION)
|RECOVERY NOTE BY COAST AND GEODETIC SURVEY 1933 (KTA)
STATION IS IN THE NORTHEASTERN SECTION OF THE CITY OF BOSTON PROPER, ABOUT 450 YARDS E OF THE CUSTOM HOUSE TOWER, ON THE TOP OF A GRANITE FACED BUILDING, KNOWN AS THE CUSTOM HOUSE BLOCK, ON LONG WHARF. THE STATION IS THE TALL IRON LIGHTNING ROD, OR FINIAL, WITH A WIND VANE, WHICH IS OVER THE CENTER OF A VERY LOW, FLAT CUPOLA. IT IS NOT PROMINENT.
|01/01/1989 by USPSQD (GOOD)
|RECOVERY NOTE BY US POWER SQUADRON 1989 (MG)
RECOVERED IN GOOD CONDITION.
- The horizontal coordinates were established by classical geodetic methods and adjusted by the National Geodetic Survey in June 1998.
- The Laplace correction was computed from DEFLEC99 derived deflections.
- The geoid height was determined by GEOID99.