Details for Benchmark: MY3150
N 42° 21.354 W 071° 04.385 (NAD 83)
Coordinates may not be exact. Altitude is SCALED and location is ADJUSTED. (more info)
- In SUFFOLK county, MA View Original Datasheet
- OTTER STREET
- Marker Type:
- NGS Benchmark
- setting not listed - see description
Benchmarks may be on private property or in dangerous locations. Obey local laws. By using the services on Geocaching.com you agree to this disclaimer.
Documented History (by the NGS)
|Unknown by (MONUMENTED)
|01/01/1933 by CGS (SEE DESCRIPTION)
|DESCRIBED BY COAST AND GEODETIC SURVEY 1933 (KTA)
THIS STATION HAS BEEN LOST. THIS POINT WAS ORIGINALLY MARKED BY A PIECE OF SIGNAL POLE ON THE CHARLES RIVER SEAWALL, AND WAS NOT EVEN FOUND IN 1878 WHEN NEEDED FOR THE TOPOGRAPHICAL SURVEY OF THE CHARLES RIVER BASIN. SINCE THAT DATE THIS ENTIRE AREA HAS BEEN CHANGED, AND OF COURSE NOT EVEN THE SEAWALL MENTIONED NOW EXISTS.
- The horizontal coordinates were established by classical geodetic methods and adjusted by the National Geodetic Survey in June 1998.
- The orthometric height was scaled from a topographic map.
- The Laplace correction was computed from DEFLEC99 derived deflections.
- The geoid height was determined by GEOID99.