Details for Benchmark: MY3622
N 42° 11.342 W 071° 26.077 (NAD 83)
Coordinates may not be exact. Altitude is SCALED and location is ADJUSTED. (more info)
- In MIDDLESEX county, MA View Original Datasheet
- HOLL 1937
- Marker Type:
- NGS Benchmark
- setting not listed - see description
- Mark of questionable or unknown stability.
Benchmarks may be on private property or in dangerous locations. Obey local laws. By using the services on Geocaching.com you agree to this disclaimer.
Documented History (by the NGS)
|01/01/1937 by MAGS (MONUMENTED)
|DESCRIBED BY MASSACHUSETTS GEODETIC SURVEY 1937
AN OCCUPIED SECOND-ORDER STATION MARKED BY A MASSACHUSETTS PWD STANDARD TRIANGULATION DISK, SET IN A 12-INCH CONCRETE-FILLED TILE PIPE AT GROUND LEVEL.
LOCATED IN SOUTHERN PART OF HOLLISTON, 0.75 MILE S OF CENTER, ON PROPERTY OF W.A. KINGSBURY ON EASTERLY SIDE OF HIGHLAND STREET, ON SOUTHERLY SIDE OF B AND A RR, MILFORD BRANCH. STATION IS 180 FEET NE OF CENTER OF HIGHLAND STREET ALONG A FIELD ROAD AND SOUTHERLY SIDE OF STONE WALL AT EDGE OF RAILROAD CUT, 4 FEET SE OF WALL AND WIRE FENCE, AND 108 FEET SE OF CENTER OF SINGLE TRACK.
NO REFERENCE MARKS OR AZIMUTH MARK WERE ESTABLISHED.
A 4-FOOT STAND, USED IN 1937, AFFORDS A VIEW FROM N TO SE. 40-FOOT TREES OBSTRUCT THE VIEW IN OTHER DIRECTIONS.
TO REACH STATION FROM TOWN HALL IN HOLLISTON CENTER, FOLLOW WASHINGTON STREET, HIGHWAY 126, SW 0.75 MILE TO HIGHLAND STREET, TURN LEFT AND FOLLOW HIGHLAND STREET SE, CROSSING TUNNELED BRIDGE OVER RAILROAD TO FIRST FIELD ROAD ON LEFT, AT EDGE OF RAILROAD CUT. AUTO CAN BE DRIVEN 180 FEET ALONG THIS ROAD TO THE STATION.
- The horizontal coordinates were established by classical geodetic methods and adjusted by the National Geodetic Survey in June 1998.
- The orthometric height was scaled from a topographic map.
- The Laplace correction was computed from DEFLEC99 derived deflections.
- The geoid height was determined by GEOID99.