Details for Benchmark: MY3685
N 42° 00.268 W 071° 32.259 (NAD 83)
Coordinates may not be exact. Altitude is UNKNOWN and location is ADJUSTED. (more info)
- In PROVIDENCE county, RI View Original Datasheet
- WOONSOCKET N SMITHFIELD TANK
- Marker Type:
- NGS Benchmark
- setting not listed - see description
Benchmarks may be on private property or in dangerous locations. Obey local laws. By using the services on Geocaching.com you agree to this disclaimer.
Documented History (by the NGS)
|01/01/1968 by CGS (MONUMENTED)
|DESCRIBED BY COAST AND GEODETIC SURVEY 1968 (LMC)
THE STATION, NORTH SMITHFIELD TOWN WATER TANK, IS THE TOP CENTER OF THE SILVER CYLINDRICAL TANK WHICH IS SUPPORTED BY 4 STEEL LEGS AND IS ABOUT 100 FEET IN HEIGHT.
TO REACH THE STATION FROM WHERE STATE HIGHWAY 146A CROSSES OVER STATE HIGHWAY 146, GO EAST ON STATE HIGHWAY 146A FOR 0.7 MILE TO A ROAD LEFT. TURN LEFT AND GO NORTH FOR 0.65 MILE TO A ROAD RIGHT. TURN RIGHT AND GO EAST FOR 0.1 MILE TO THE STATION ON THE RIGHT.
- The horizontal coordinates were established by classical geodetic methods and adjusted by the National Geodetic Survey in August 1998.
- The Laplace correction was computed from DEFLEC99 derived deflections.
- The geoid height was determined by GEOID99.