Details for Benchmark: MZ0044
N 42° 41.550 W 072° 02.933 (NAD 83)
Coordinates may not be exact. Altitude is ADJUSTED and location is SCALED. (more info)
- In WORCESTER county, MA View Original Datasheet
- W 7
- Marker Type:
- bench mark disk
- in rock outcrop
- Most reliable and expected to hold position/elevation well.
Benchmarks may be on private property or in dangerous locations. Obey local laws. By using the services on Geocaching.com you agree to this disclaimer.
Documented History (by the NGS)
|01/01/1933 by CGS (MONUMENTED)
|DESCRIBED BY COAST AND GEODETIC SURVEY 1933
AT WINCHENDON. ABOUT 2,530 FEET NORTH ALONG THE BOSTON AND MAINE RAILROAD FROM THE STATION AT WINCHENDON, WORCESTER COUNTY, BETWEEN THE CONVERSE MASON FACTORY AND THE STANDARD OIL CO. PLANT, ABOUT 8 YARDS SOUTH OF THE CENTER LINE OF THE TRACK, 25 FEET NORTH OF THE NORTH FENCE OF THE STANDARD OIL CO., IN THE TOP OF A JAGGED ROCK LEDGE, AND 3 FEET HIGHER THAN THE RAIL. A STANDARD DISK, STAMPED W 7 1933.
- The horizontal coordinates were scaled from a topographic map and have an estimated accuracy of +/- 6 seconds.
- The orthometric height was determined by differential leveling and adjusted by the National Geodetic Survey in June 1991.
- The geoid height was determined by GEOID99.
- The dynamic height is computed by dividing the NAVD 88 geopotential number by the normal gravity value computed on the Geodetic Reference System of 1980 (GRS 80) ellipsoid at 45 degrees latitude (g = 980.6199 gals.).
- The modeled gravity was interpolated from observed gravity values.