Details for Benchmark: MZ0122
N 42° 07.800 W 072° 44.733 (NAD 83)
Coordinates may not be exact. Altitude is ADJUSTED and location is SCALED. (more info)
- In HAMPDEN county, MA View Original Datasheet
- Marker Type:
- survey disk
- light structures
- Mark of questionable or unknown stability.
Benchmarks may be on private property or in dangerous locations. Obey local laws. By using the services on Geocaching.com you agree to this disclaimer.
Documented History (by the NGS)
|01/01/1938 by MAGS (MONUMENTED)
|01/01/1933 by NGS (GOOD)
|DESCRIBED BY NATIONAL GEODETIC SURVEY 1933
AT WESTFIELD. ON B AND A RR. AT WESTFIELD B AND A RR STATION. AT SOUTHERN ENTRANCE OF EASTERN WAITING ROOM. ON WEST WOODEN PANEL OF DOORWAY. 21 FT. NORTH OF WEST BOUND TRACK. 4 FT. ABOVE TOPOF RAIL. NOTE-- MARK IS 22 FEET NORTH OF WEST-BOUND TRACK. TABLET IS COPPER PLATE IS STAMPED MASS. STATE SURVEY, 1893.
|01/01/1934 by NGS (GOOD)
|RECOVERY NOTE BY NATIONAL GEODETIC SURVEY 1934
RECOVERED IN GOOD CONDITION.
- The horizontal coordinates were scaled from a topographic map and have an estimated accuracy of +/- 6 seconds.
- The orthometric height was determined by differential leveling and adjusted by the National Geodetic Survey in June 1991.
- The geoid height was determined by GEOID99.
- The dynamic height is computed by dividing the NAVD 88 geopotential number by the normal gravity value computed on the Geodetic Reference System of 1980 (GRS 80) ellipsoid at 45 degrees latitude (g = 980.6199 gals.).
- The modeled gravity was interpolated from observed gravity values.