Details for Benchmark: MZ0286
N 42° 33.600 W 072° 40.733 (NAD 83)
Coordinates may not be exact. Altitude is ADJUSTED and location is SCALED. (more info)
- In FRANKLIN county, MA View Original Datasheet
- D 33 NEPA
- Marker Type:
- survey disk
- massive structures
- Probably hold position/elevation well.
Benchmarks may be on private property or in dangerous locations. Obey local laws. By using the services on Geocaching.com you agree to this disclaimer.
||KeepOnTruckin found MZ0286
I always liked this spot—even way before the GPS existed.
[last edit: 7/26/2003 1:22:58 PM PST]
[last edit: 7/26/2003 1:30:59 PM PST]
the view from the bridge--~78k file
Documented History (by the NGS)
|01/01/1931 by LOCENG (MONUMENTED)
|01/01/1935 by NGS (GOOD)
|DESCRIBED BY NATIONAL GEODETIC SURVEY 1935
4.7 MI E FROM SHELBURNE FALLS. 4.7 MILES EAST OF SHELBURNE FALLS ON B. AND M.R.R. 1000 FEET WEST OF BARDWELL STATION 700 FEET EAST OF MILE POST 114 ON BRIDGE NO. 113.94 (600-FOOT STEEL GIRDER OVER DEERFIELD RIVER) IN EAST ABUTMENT, NORTH SIDE 8 FEET NORTH OF NORTH RAIL 1 FOOT BELOW TOP OF RAIL.
- The horizontal coordinates were scaled from a topographic map and have an estimated accuracy of +/- 6 seconds.
- The orthometric height was determined by differential leveling and adjusted by the National Geodetic Survey in June 1991.
- The geoid height was determined by GEOID99.
- The dynamic height is computed by dividing the NAVD 88 geopotential number by the normal gravity value computed on the Geodetic Reference System of 1980 (GRS 80) ellipsoid at 45 degrees latitude (g = 980.6199 gals.).
- The modeled gravity was interpolated from observed gravity values.