Details for Benchmark: MZ1399
N 42° 06.917 W 072° 44.000 (NAD 83)
Coordinates may not be exact. Altitude is ADJUSTED and location is SCALED. (more info)
- In HAMPDEN county, MA View Original Datasheet
- G 51
- Marker Type:
- metal rod
- stainless steel rod
- Probably hold position/elevation well.
Benchmarks may be on private property or in dangerous locations. Obey local laws. By using the services on Geocaching.com you agree to this disclaimer.
Documented History (by the NGS)
|01/01/1980 by NGS (MONUMENTED)
|DESCRIBED BY NATIONAL GEODETIC SURVEY 1980
1.45 KM (0.9 MI) EAST FROM WESTFIELD. 1.45 KILOMETERS (0.90 MILE) EAST ALONG US HIGHWAY 20 FROM THE JUNCTION OF BROAD STREET (US HIGHWAY 202) IN WESTFIELD, SET NEAR THE WEST GATE POST TO THE DISTRICT NO. 2 HIGHWAY MAINTENANCE YARD, JUST WEST OF THE CHEVROLET DEALERSHIP, ABOUT 350 FEET SOUTH OF US HIGHWAY 20, 23.8 METERS (78.0 FEET) NORTHEAST OF THE NORTHEAST CORNER OF THE NORTH ONE OF THREE LARGE METAL BUILDINGS IN THE MAINTENANCE YARD, 1.9 METERS (6.2 FEET) WEST OF THE WEST GATE POST, 0.7 METER (2.3 FEET) SOUTH OF A UTILITY POLE NUMBER 04, 0.4 METER (1.3 FEET) NORTH OF THE 6-FOOT CHAIN LINK FENCE.
- The horizontal coordinates were scaled from a topographic map and have an estimated accuracy of +/- 6 seconds.
- The orthometric height was determined by differential leveling and adjusted by the National Geodetic Survey in June 1991.
- The geoid height was determined by GEOID99.
- The dynamic height is computed by dividing the NAVD 88 geopotential number by the normal gravity value computed on the Geodetic Reference System of 1980 (GRS 80) ellipsoid at 45 degrees latitude (g = 980.6199 gals.).
- The modeled gravity was interpolated from observed gravity values.