Details for Benchmark: MZ1556
N 42° 02.846 W 072° 20.411 (NAD 83)
Coordinates may not be exact. Altitude is SCALED and location is ADJUSTED. (more info)
- In HAMPDEN county, MA View Original Datasheet
- PEAKED MOUNTAIN
- Marker Type:
- NGS Benchmark
- setting not listed - see description
Benchmarks may be on private property or in dangerous locations. Obey local laws. By using the services on Geocaching.com you agree to this disclaimer.
Documented History (by the NGS)
|Unknown by (MONUMENTED)
|1/1/1885 by CGS (SEE DESCRIPTION)
|DESCRIBED BY COAST AND GEODETIC SURVEY 1885
STATION IS THE SOUTHWESTERN PART OF THE TOWN MONSON, ON LAND OWNED BY MISS ELLA J. BRADWAY. THE STATION IS ON A PINNACLE OF THE HIGHEST PART OF THE LEDGE, THE HIGHEST ON THE HILL. THE ROCK SLOPES TO THE W AND NW AND BREAKS OFF ABRUPTLY TO THE E. IT IS SURROUNDED BY A THICK GROWTH OF BRUSH. THE STATION IS MARKED WITH A DRILL HOLE IN A ROCK SURROUNDED BY A TRIANGLE.
|1/1/1934 by MAGS (SEE DESCRIPTION)
|RECOVERY NOTE BY MASSACHUSETTS GEODETIC SURVEY 1934
THIS STATION COULD NOT BE FOUND AFTER AN HOURS SEARCH. THE LAND NOW BELONGS TO C.P. BRADWAY. THE DESCRIPTION THE STATION IS ON A PINNACLE..............BREAKS OFF ABRUPTLY TO THE E, CAN APPARENTLY APPLY TO STATION PEAKED MOUNTAIN 2. THE LEDGE 10 FEET E OF THE STATION PEAKED MOUNTAIN 2 IS ABOUT 3 OR 4 FEET LOWER BECAUSE THE LEDGE BREAKS OFF ABRUPTLY JUST E OF STATION PEAKED MOUNTAIN 2.
- The horizontal coordinates were established by classical geodetic methods and adjusted by the National Geodetic Survey in June 1998.
- The orthometric height was scaled from a topographic map.
- The Laplace correction was computed from DEFLEC99 derived deflections.
- The geoid height was determined by GEOID99.