Details for Benchmark: MZ2850
N 42° 03.961 W 072° 46.096 (NAD 83)
Coordinates may not be exact. Altitude is VERTCON and location is ADJUSTED. (more info)
- In HAMPDEN county, MA View Original Datasheet
- 10387 AZ MK
- Marker Type:
- traverse station disk
- in a boulder
- May hold, but of type commonly subject to surface motion.
Benchmarks may be on private property or in dangerous locations. Obey local laws. By using the services on Geocaching.com you agree to this disclaimer.
Documented History (by the NGS)
|01/01/1980 by MAGS (MONUMENTED)
|DESCRIBED BY MASSACHUSETTS GEODETIC SURVEY 1980 (RAK)
THE STATION IS LOCATED ABOUT 0.8 KM (0.5 MI) NORTH OF SOUTHWICK, 0.4 KM (0.25 MI) WEST OF U. S. ROUTE 202 AND STATE ROUTE 10 AND ON THE NORTH SIDE OF COES HILL ROAD.
TO REACH THE STATION FROM THE POST OFFICE IN SOUTHWICK, GO NORTH ON U. S. ROUTE 202 AND STATE ROUTE 10 FOR 1.4 KM (0.85 MI) TO A SIDE ROAD LEFT. TURN LEFT AND GO WEST ON COES HILL ROAD FOR 0.4 KM (0.25 MI) TO THE MARK ON THE RIGHT.
THE STATION MARK IS A MAGS DISK STAMPED---10387 AZIMUTH---, SET IN THE TOP OF A 6 METER BOULDER ABOUT 150 CM ABOVE THE GROUND SURFACE. IT IS 13.16 METERS (43.2 FT) NORTH OF UTILITY POLE 4/4, 6.37 METERS (20.9 FT) SOUTHEAST OF A 45 CM MAPLE TREE AND 6.85 METERS (22.5 FT) NORTH OF THE CENTERLINE OF COES HILL ROAD.
DESCRIBED BY R.A. KELLER, MAGS.
- The horizontal coordinates were established by classical geodetic methods and adjusted by the National Geodetic Survey in June 1998. No horizontal observational check was made to the station.
- The NAVD 88 height was computed by applying the VERTCON shift value to the NGVD 29 height (displayed under SUPERSEDED SURVEY CONTROL.)
- The Laplace correction was computed from DEFLEC99 derived deflections.
- The geoid height was determined by GEOID99.