Details for Benchmark: MZ2894
N 42° 55.166 W 072° 15.580 (NAD 83)
Coordinates may not be exact. Altitude is VERTCON and location is ADJUSTED. (more info)
- In CHESHIRE county, NH View Original Datasheet
- 237 0200
- Marker Type:
- horizontal control disk
- driven into the ground
- Mark of questionable or unknown stability.
Benchmarks may be on private property or in dangerous locations. Obey local laws. By using the services on Geocaching.com you agree to this disclaimer.
Documented History (by the NGS)
|01/01/1982 by NHDPWH (MONUMENTED)
|DESCRIBED BY NH PUB WORK + HWYS 1982 (PSB)
IN THE CITY OF KEENE, 0.2 MILE SOUTHEAST OF THE INTERSECTION OF MARLBOROUGH STREET AND OPTICAL AVENUE IN SOUTHEAST KEENE.
TO REACH THE STATION FROM THE POST OFFICE IN KEENE, GO SOUTHEAST FOR 1.85 KM (1.15 MI) ON MARLBOROUGH STREET TO THE STATION ON THE LEFT, APPROXIMATELY ON THE PROPERTY LINE BETWEEN THE HOUSES AT 488 AND 500 MARLBOROUGH STREET.
THE STATION IS A STANDARD NHDPWH DISK STAMPED---S 4---, SET INTO THE TOP OF A 6-INCH BY 6-INCH GRANITE MONUMENT WHICH PROJECTS 10 CM ABOVE THE GROUND, 37 METERS (122 FT) SOUTHEAST AND ACROSS THE STREET FROM THE SOUTHEAST CORNER OF A TV REPAIR SHOP, 5.6 METERS (18.5 FT) NORTHEAST FROM THE CENTERLINE OF MARLBOROUGH STREET, 1.1 METERS (3.5 FT) SOUTHEAST FROM A 2.5-FOOT HIGH CONCRETE RETAINING WALL, 4.7 METERS (15.5 FT) NORTHWEST FROM A 3.0-FOOT HIGH CONCRETE RETAINING WALL.
THE STATION IS ON CITY RIGHT-OF-WAY. THIS STATION WAS USED PRIMARILY AS AN AZIMUTH MARK FOR 237-0190 AND NO REFERENCE MARKS WERE SET.
- The horizontal coordinates were established by classical geodetic methods and adjusted by the National Geodetic Survey in May 1998.
- The NAVD 88 height was computed by applying the VERTCON shift value to the NGVD 29 height (displayed under SUPERSEDED SURVEY CONTROL.)
- The Laplace correction was computed from DEFLEC99 derived deflections.
- The geoid height was determined by GEOID99.