Details for Benchmark: MZ2987
N 42° 39.395 W 072° 00.191 (NAD 83)
Coordinates may not be exact. Altitude is VERTCON and location is ADJUSTED. (more info)
- In WORCESTER county, MA View Original Datasheet
- Marker Type:
- traverse station disk
- set into the top of a prefabricated concrete post imbedded in the ground
- Mark of questionable or unknown stability.
Benchmarks may be on private property or in dangerous locations. Obey local laws. By using the services on Geocaching.com you agree to this disclaimer.
Documented History (by the NGS)
|01/01/1983 by MAGS (MONUMENTED)
|DESCRIBED BY MASSACHUSETTS GEODETIC SURVEY 1983
THE STATION IS LOCATED ABOUT 4.7 KM (2.90 MI) SOUTHEAST OF THE WINCHENDON TOWN HALL, 0.7 KM (0.45 MI) NORTH ALONG ROUTE 140 FROM TEEL ROAD, ON THE EAST SIDE OF STATE ROUTE 140, AT HIGHWAY STATION 133+50 AND IS IN THE TOWN OF WINCHENDON. TO REACH THE STATION FROM THE JUNCTION OF STATE ROUTES 12 AND 140, ABOUT 2 MILES SOUTHEAST OF DOWNTOWN WINCHENDON, GO SOUTHERLY ON ROUTE 140 FOR ABOUT 1.3 KM (0.80 MI) TO THE STATION ON THE LEFT. THE STATION IS A DISK SET IN THE TOP OF A SQUARE CONCRETE POST SET FLUSH WITH THE GROUND AND IS 678 FEET NORTH OF BENCH MARK 4647, 15.2 M (49.9 FT) WEST OF THE CENTER OF AN ABANDONED RAILROAD GRADE AND 9.7 M (31.8 FT) EAST OF THE CENTER OF THE HIGHWAY.
- The horizontal coordinates were established by classical geodetic methods and adjusted by the National Geodetic Survey in June 1998.
- The NAVD 88 height was computed by applying the VERTCON shift value to the NGVD 29 height (displayed under SUPERSEDED SURVEY CONTROL.)
- The Laplace correction was computed from DEFLEC99 derived deflections.
- The geoid height was determined by GEOID99.